• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Someone messed with my bike at Madison airport

irish

Registered Schmoozer
I’m not sure if people are aware of this but motorcycles park for free at Dane County Regional Airport in Madison and at General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee, among others. I’ve done this many times and never had an issue, although it’s been years since I’ve parked at the Madison airport. For the last few days I was parked in the designated motorcycle parking area in the parking ramp. I made sure to park in a spot where I wasn’t making it difficult for anyone else to get out of their spot. When I arrived back in Madison this evening both my mirrors had been messed with. The mirror stalks were loosened and completely out of position. I could see how this could happen if someone bumped into one of them hard but having this happen to both of them seems to me that must have been intentional. I’m not sure if someone was just doing it to mess with me or if they were trying to steal the mirrors. Has anybody else had a problem like this at the airport? I’ve almost never had a bike messed with under any circumstance in over 20 years of riding, I’m not sure what would have motivated somebody to screw around with my bike this time. Easy fix but annoying and it made me wonder what else they might have messed with on the bike.

Back