• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cee Bailey-Out of the motorcycle products business!

Realshelby

Addicted to windshields
I know many of you, like myself, have used Cee Bailey windshields for a high quality aftermarket replacement windshield. I have had them build a seat for my RT ( many didn't know they built seats! ), and I have owned two sets of their case liners. Add to that headlight covers. All good stuff.

Cee Bailey has dropped its motorcycle products. Looks like September 18 was the start of that. They are concentrating on their core business of aircraft windshields and tires.

They have been a great influence to me. It worries me to see them go. It is hard to time to be in the motorcycle business for many companies.

I'm also sad to hear this. My Cee Baileys Sport Shield is the best windshield I've had on my R1200RT. I emailed them last week when I didn't see any information about motorcycle windshields on their website and got the following reply;

I am sorry to say we are longer manufacturing any MOTORCYCLE PARTS, we will concentrate on our core business of aircraft only.
It has been great working with you for all these years,

Thanks.

Avo Agishian, M.B.A.
Senior Account Manager

Desser Holdings LLC
6900 Acco Street
Montebello, CA 90640
Desser 800-247-8473 X 301
Cee-Bailey’s 800-788-0618 X 301
Office: (323) 721-4900 Ext. 301
Direct Line: (323) 767-1533

Wow that's a surprise! Like many other riders, I have used CB products over the years and was always satisfied with their offerings. I wish them all the best!

I know many of you, like myself, have used Cee Bailey windshields for a high quality aftermarket replacement windshield. I have had them build a seat for my RT ( many didn't know they built seats! ), and I have owned two sets of their case liners. Add to that headlight covers. All good stuff.

Cee Bailey has dropped its motorcycle products. Looks like September 18 was the start of that. They are concentrating on their core business of aircraft windshields and tires.

They have been a great influence to me. It worries me to see them go. It is hard to time to be in the motorcycle business for many companies.

Best shield I've ever had on my R1150RT. I suspect it will outlive me.

I was always happy with their products, but was most impressed by their customer service. Disappointed to see that they left the business.

Sad indeed......I have had only one of their products, [w/shield] and to be honest, acquired it used. But it was a quality product.

I'll shorten a long story. A friend / acquaintance that,[by employment history] has more than average knowledge of the M/C industry in general said recently ...that one of the reasons the industry is suffering, and the "hobby" is in recession is due basically to fear. Stating that some studies have been conducted & riders note non-attentive drivers as one of their largest concerns , and reason for reduction in riding time as well as leaving the "hobby" altogether. He noted cell-phone use as well as drivers , driving "high"...damn sad for sure. And no doubt an impact on the industry in general.

What a shame. Had a superior product.

Off to greener pastures I believe. Just like SmarTire when they stopped making motorcycle tire pressure monitor systems to concentrate on systems for semi-tractor trailer rigs and busses. Go where the volume and profits are. Do what you do best well.

I just sent them an email about a windshield [maybe left over stock] [for my "other"] motorcycle .....No reply yet

Just did receive this.........

"We made everything to order, unfortunately do not have on shelf stock.
Sorry."

I have to wonder how much the crazy Commiefornia tax structure played into their decision. :scratch

Probably none. Probably more about profit margin in their core bussiness versus profit margin in motorcycle bussiness where there is more competition and less margin. Since there was no word of them completely closing or relocating, I doubt taxes were an issue.

:dance:dance:dance

FYI, if anyone seeks an alternative...

National Cycle brand's ZTechnik makes all manner of windscreens and other products for BMW and other motorcycles. As of recently they offer downloads of their catalogs:

http://www.nationalcycle.com/support-catalogs

FWIW, I bought a ZTechnik tall touring windshield (summer, 2016) after much looking around, for my 02 K1200RS. It is far better than the BMW "comfort" screen that came with the bike. Over 1 year later and a few thousand miles, I am still loving it.

I just sent them an email about a windshield [maybe left over stock] [for my "other"] motorcycle .....No reply yet

Just did receive this.........

"We made everything to order, unfortunately do not have on shelf stock.
Sorry."

Seriously consider an F4.

Having written dozens of product reviews for two different motorcycle magazines, I've 'gone thru' (tested) about a half dozen different shields (including a Cee Bailey on my R1200RT that I loved).

F4 bubbles to the top in all categories! :thumb

Seriously consider an F4.

Having written dozens of product reviews for two different motorcycle magazines, I've 'gone thru' (tested) about a half dozen different shields (including a Cee Bailey on my R1200RT that I loved).

F4 bubbles to the top in all categories! :thumb

Well, I admit I have never heard of that one!...Thank you a-bunch.

I was / am interested in a direct replacement for my OEM Vic shield...I have hardware , and want to try a one inch lower [shorter] medium grey tint . I'll contact them.

Back