Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cee Bailey-Out of the motorcycle products business!

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar

Cee Bailey-Out of the motorcycle products business!

I know many of you, like myself, have used Cee Bailey windshields for a high quality aftermarket replacement windshield. I have had them build a seat for my RT ( many didn't know they built seats! ), and I have owned two sets of their case liners. Add to that headlight covers. All good stuff.

Cee Bailey has dropped its motorcycle products. Looks like September 18 was the start of that. They are concentrating on their core business of aircraft windshields and tires.

They have been a great influence to me. It worries me to see them go. It is hard to time to be in the motorcycle business for many companies.

I'm also sad to hear this. My Cee Baileys Sport Shield is the best windshield I've had on my R1200RT. I emailed them last week when I didn't see any information about motorcycle windshields on their website and got the following reply;

I am sorry to say we are longer manufacturing any MOTORCYCLE PARTS, we will concentrate on our core business of aircraft only.
    It has been great working with you for all these years,

Thanks.

Avo Agishian, M.B.A.
    Senior Account Manager

Desser Holdings LLC
    6900 Acco Street
    Montebello, CA 90640
    Desser 800-247-8473 X 301
    Cee-Bailey’s 800-788-0618 X 301
    Office: (323) 721-4900 Ext. 301
    Direct Line: (323) 767-1533
    2010 R1200RT, 2011 Ural Patrol
    2006 KLR 650, 1981 R100, 1975 R90S

BMW MOA 37304

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Wow that's a surprise! Like many other riders, I have used CB products over the years and was always satisfied with their offerings. I wish them all the best!
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2017 R1200RT White
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA

Quote Originally Posted by Realshelby View Post
    I know many of you, like myself, have used Cee Bailey windshields for a high quality aftermarket replacement windshield. I have had them build a seat for my RT ( many didn't know they built seats! ), and I have owned two sets of their case liners. Add to that headlight covers. All good stuff.

Cee Bailey has dropped its motorcycle products. Looks like September 18 was the start of that. They are concentrating on their core business of aircraft windshields and tires.

They have been a great influence to me. It worries me to see them go. It is hard to time to be in the motorcycle business for many companies.
    Best shield I've ever had on my R1150RT. I suspect it will outlive me.

I was always happy with their products, but was most impressed by their customer service. Disappointed to see that they left the business.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Sad indeed......I have had only one of their products, [w/shield] and to be honest, acquired it used. But it was a quality product.

I'll shorten a long story. A friend / acquaintance that,[by employment history] has more than average knowledge of the M/C industry in general said recently ...that one of the reasons the industry is suffering, and the "hobby" is in recession is due basically to fear. Stating that some studies have been conducted & riders note non-attentive drivers as one of their largest concerns , and reason for reduction in riding time as well as leaving the "hobby" altogether. He noted cell-phone use as well as drivers , driving "high"...damn sad for sure. And no doubt an impact on the industry in general.
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

What a shame. Had a superior product.

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sal View Post
    Off to greener pastures I believe. Just like SmarTire when they stopped making motorcycle tire pressure monitor systems to concentrate on systems for semi-tractor trailer rigs and busses. Go where the volume and profits are. Do what you do best well.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Sierra BMW/Cee Bailey

Sierra BMW still has some Cee Bailey items in stock. I just ordered a head light protector.

I just sent them an email about a windshield [maybe left over stock] [for my "other"] motorcycle .....No reply yet

Just did receive this.........

"We made everything to order, unfortunately do not have on shelf stock.
    Sorry."
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Douglas Williams
    No problem. Buy an airplane.

Doug
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

I have to wonder how much the crazy Commiefornia tax structure played into their decision.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal
    (Who watches the watchers)

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodadd View Post
    I have to wonder how much the crazy Commiefornia tax structure played into their decision.
    Probably none. Probably more about profit margin in their core bussiness versus profit margin in motorcycle bussiness where there is more competition and less margin. Since there was no word of them completely closing or relocating, I doubt taxes were an issue.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Out There Somewhere ricochetrider's Avatar
    FYI, if anyone seeks an alternative...

National Cycle brand's ZTechnik makes all manner of windscreens and other products for BMW and other motorcycles. As of recently they offer downloads of their catalogs:

http://www.nationalcycle.com/support-catalogs

FWIW, I bought a ZTechnik tall touring windshield (summer, 2016) after much looking around, for my 02 K1200RS. It is far better than the BMW "comfort" screen that came with the bike. Over 1 year later and a few thousand miles, I am still loving it.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World