Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dealer pricing and the art of negotiating

I just bought my 2017.5 GS with both a dealer discount and current BMW owner discount which ended in July I believe.
    Total discount off retail was over $2200. Might be something to think about. Wait til next year...

Incidentally one of the local dealers had a Bagger on the floor when I went in to have my 600 mile service.
    The dealership made the decision not to sell it (for now), until shoppers had a chance to check it out...

Also, posted prices on CL and CycleTrader often don't include dealer prep and other fees.
    "...the burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind...." Larry of Arubia

I'm looking to purchase a 2017 R1200RT from a dealership that has four in stock. Any thoughts on what would constitute a very good price and does anybody know if there will be any significant manufacturer financing and/or rebates on the 2017s? Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
    does anybody know if there will be any significant manufacturer financing and/or rebates on the 2017s? Thanks....
    Nobody can predict what the upcoming promotions will be. Keep an eye on the BMW website and click on Promotions to check on current promotions.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/index.html
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Buying strategy

I have done business with Hermys in Port Clinton PA. for 45 years. There's a reason for that: I am always well and fairly treated AND I can always count on the quality of their service. I also get a loaner when I need to leave the bike overnight. While none of us wants to pay more than we have to, I can tell you from knowing something of the car business that the customer who tries to beat them out of the last penny is remembered (not a good thing). Ask yourself this question: You are a BMW Dealer; 2 customers need a starter. You have one in stock. Who do you think will get the starter and who will have to wait? It's a no-brainer. If my bike is broken down, I can count on my dealer to come and get it (90 miles away) and bring a loaner. I am loyal to them and they are loyal to me. FWIW