• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Couldn't believe my eyes

I was walking by a Kawasaki ZX14 rider a few year back at Deal's Gap when I overheard him tell his friends he was clocked at over 200 mph on his bike. I stopped and gave my opinion as follows, "No you weren't." I continued on my way after uttering this opinion. I was wearing ATGATT, well, almost. The helmet and gloves were on the bike but otherwise I was fully protected.
:dance
186mph......close enough for me :burnout

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-14
OM

Exactly !! 186 is fast, very fast, but it takes a LOT more hp to get to 200. And maybe a cone butt. :)

Our bike will only do 175, or so they say. Even in town we feel strange without the right gear, but even though I shake my head at shorts and such I don't feel the need to confront the riders. If we force them to wear ATGATT then they may feel compelled to force us to slow down. :fight

Exactly !! 186 is fast, very fast, but it takes a LOT more hp to get to 200. And maybe a cone butt. :)

Our bike will only do 175, or so they say. Even in town we feel strange without the right gear, but even though I shake my head at shorts and such I don't feel the need to confront the riders. If we force them to wear ATGATT then they may feel compelled to force us to slow down. :fight
The speed seemed to be regulated by the computer........just need a tuner.
Forcing someone to wear special gear to ride a motorcycle? Be careful what you wish for........"Your appointment for your motorcycle inspection is Thursday at 10:00am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment and bring your riding gear so that can be inspected as well". "Anticipated time for these inspections- 45 minutes". "These inspections may not be valid in other jurisdictions". :eek
OM

The speed seemed to be regulated by the computer........just need a tuner.
Forcing someone to wear special gear to ride a motorcycle? Be careful what you wish for........"Your appointment for your motorcycle inspection is Thursday at 10:00am. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment and bring your riding gear so that can be inspected as well". "Anticipated time for these inspections- 45 minutes". "These inspections may not be valid in other jurisdictions". :eek
OM

Or ................

"11 states have now declared operating a motorcycle on public roads to be illegal, due to the high incident of injury, death and skyrocketing insurance premiums that were spread out among the non riding (and voting) public as well. While additional states are considering following suit, given the dramatic reduction in ER visits, funerals and liability claims, California announced today they have established 'sanctuary cities' where motorcyclists from all states are welcome to operate without mandated protective gear whatsoever."

Be careful what you don't wish (or work) for! :dance

"Every nation gets the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre

Even in town we feel strange without the right gear, but even though I shake my head at shorts and such I don't feel the need to confront the riders.

Oh, I don't confront them either, but I surely do reserve the right to discreetly laugh at them.

H and her sister made a run to Houston a week or so back and snapped this on IH-10 from the HOV lane. She thought he was on the phone...It seems the typical bashee here is a V-twin rider. This pic shows something a bit different :stick

And is that the proper foot position for shifting:dunno

IMG_1079.jpg

Just good natured kidding. My experience in a Prius is very limited, but I did find it to be surprisingly quick 0 to 60. The MPG are of no great importance to me, but 90 MPG is impressive and I believe not typical of most Prius owners... good work.

Just good natured kidding. My experience in a Prius is very limited, but I did find it to be surprisingly quick 0 to 60. The MPG are of no great importance to me, but 90 MPG is impressive and I believe not typical of most Prius owners... good work.

Thanks...it's the plug-in feature, as well as our driving habits, mostly errands around town where it's in EV mode all the time. The running average just creeps up when the car uses no gasoline day after day.

There's also this: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/30d-...ive-motor-vehicles-toyota-motor-sales-usa-inc I'll get a $4,502 federal tax credit, which I just verified through TurboTax.

And there's also this: https://www.toyota.com/priusprime/awards

Harry

Back