• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Replacement handlebar for k1300s 2009 ?

mattias_k1300

Which handlebars should do you think qould be right for me?
Dont want them so much up as i would like them moved back, would like them to be 20-30mm more towards the rear.
Anything out there that will do this?

Thank you for the tip!

Know of any salvage/breakers where one can find a handlebarcarrier/top yoke/triple tree from a K1300R ?
My googl-fu is weak and i can't find that part.

K1300R bridge and Helibars as mentioned above are both great options. I installed Helibars last year on our K1300S and love them. If holding the bars with the first joint of your fingers feels comfortable then helibars are for you. In other words, you'll sit back about an inch or two at your shoulders. For me the Helibars eliminated some left elbow joint pain on long trips and more importantly make it much easier for me to get my feet on and off the pegs. At 6'5" and now 60 years old (when did THAT happen?) comfort is becoming more important but it has to look good. :thumb

K1300R bridge and Helibars as mentioned above are both great options. I installed Helibars last year on our K1300S and love them. If holding the bars with the first joint of your fingers feels comfortable then helibars are for you. In other words, you'll sit back about an inch or two at your shoulders. For me the Helibars eliminated some left elbow joint pain on long trips and more importantly make it much easier for me to get my feet on and off the pegs. At 6'5" and now 60 years old (when did THAT happen?) comfort is becoming more important but it has to look good. :thumb

Yes, farkles MUST have look that makes people wonder if anything has been done, and if so, wondering if it was OEM equipment or not.

Estethics is really important too me.

I like to have my bars in the palm of my hand, will try to find a k13r bridge first and if that fails i might go with helibars.
Going to research if also the k12r bridge is higher and fits the k13s as well. That will make it a little easier to source one i hope.

I have a set of MV verholen bar risers for sale. Taken off of my k1300s at 1175 miles. 425-239-6392 Paul

still havent pulled the trigger on any solution. Searching around but can't find any information regarding measurements on the different ways one could go. So the risk is that one spends a lot of money but not getting it right.

Would like not so much up as i would like to have the bars rearward.

The helibars, is it only friction that holds them in place after torqing them down?
Stock there is a extra wing with a bolt to keep them from rotating.

Question just for pure interest of knowledge. What is the max movement of the handlebars before throttlecable, clutchline and wire's need to be replaced for longer ones ?

Back