• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Admore Light Bar?

ryno23

Considering an Admore Light Bar with smart brake technology for my GS.
Currently have Hyper Lites on the rear that keep falling off their double sided tape.
Looking for pros/cons from those that have purchased an Admore Light Bar or seen them.

Thanks. :thumb

Thanks Omega Man.
Does it auto post threads of interest?
It's keyed to the titles. Chances are others will chime in with comments.
There is also the "tag cloud", also accessed at the bottom of the page.
Good luck.
OM

Absolutely a first rate product. I have had the same Admore on my last 3 bikes (6+ yrs). Never an issue and it definitely increased visibility.

Currently have Hyper Lites on the rear that keep falling off their double sided tape.
Thanks. :thumb

Have you replaced the 3M tape on the hyper lights after cleaning both surfaces. I have 4 sets of hyper lites an only had 1 problem when a set were installed without a good cleaning. After cleaning and New 3M tape I have not had any issues again.
I ride my GS off road over tough surfaces and that set of hyper lites have never budged.

Have you replaced the 3M tape on the hyper lights after cleaning both surfaces. I have 4 sets of hyper lites an only had 1 problem when a set were installed without a good cleaning. After cleaning and New 3M tape I have not had any issues again.
I ride my GS off road over tough surfaces and that set of hyper lites have never budged.

I have done as you mentioned.
This is my second set of hyper-lites, first on the GS. I had them on my GTL with no issues.

I got the premium one with Smart Brake Technology. 2 days ago I had a guy follow me for a while and asked me to pull over. I thought he was an unmarked cop. He came up and wanted to know what brake bar it was. He was so impressed with the performance that he said he had to get one.

I got the premium one with Smart Brake Technology. 2 days ago I had a guy follow me for a while and asked me to pull over. I thought he was an unmarked cop. He came up and wanted to know what brake bar it was. He was so impressed with the performance that he said he had to get one.

Good to hear. :thumb
Thanks.

Admore brake light

I have been a fan of the P3 aux brake lights from Skene Engeneering. But on my 2013 GSA I went with the Admore from Twisted Throttle. Install was fairly easy. In its factory settings, the automatic brake light was flashing too easily. Like even when I up shift it would flash the brakes. I downloaded the program to reset the setting, and set the auto brake setting on the lowest sensitivity. After that it worked better, and only activated when I would down shift at speed. It is a very bright and effective light. I had issues downloading the program and getting it to reset my light, but that maybe me and my computer more than the system.

I just sold that bike and purchased a GS wet head. On this one I will probably go back to the Skene brake lights, and front Photon Blasters. Love them.

I have been a fan of the P3 aux brake lights from Skene Engeneering. But on my 2013 GSA I went with the Admore from Twisted Throttle. Install was fairly easy. In its factory settings, the automatic brake light was flashing too easily. Like even when I up shift it would flash the brakes. I downloaded the program to reset the setting, and set the auto brake setting on the lowest sensitivity. After that it worked better, and only activated when I would down shift at speed. It is a very bright and effective light. I had issues downloading the program and getting it to reset my light, but that maybe me and my computer more than the system.

I just sold that bike and purchased a GS wet head. On this one I will probably go back to the Skene brake lights, and front Photon Blasters. Love them.

Good to hear.
Thanks.

admore install

I was lucky enough to be the first owner to have this light installed by admore at bike week 2016. It is a fantastik light expertly installed in a half hour by the factory techs. Twisted throttle was also closely monitoring the install at their booth Can't say enough about these 2 groups.

I have the Skene lights. I rode behind someone else that had them and found their off-axis performance to be lacking. Straight on, they're great. Even just a little to the side, not so much. I'll take a look at the Admore but right now my top contender for additional brake lighting is a Whelan LIN3. Think cop light brightness (I think they actually use the TIR3 which is the same light with a different, more directional lens).

Thanks for all the inputs and recommendations.
Today I bought an Admore Light Bar with Smart Brake Technology.
Got a great deal, Bobs BMW is currently having a 15% off parts/accessories, got $30.00 off, no tax, and free shipping.
I'll update after install.
Once I get the install done I will have my Hyper-Lites I bought in Aug for sale, U32 Kit Running/Brake?

Admore light bar

I am running a recent version of the Admore light bar and it is most excellent. The various functions, especially the turn signal, are great.

I also have Skene lights on other bikes. They are good too but I believe the Admore is just as bright, maybe moreso.

Admore light bar

I had Twisted Throttle install the light bar on my 2014 GSA about 2 yrs. ago at their shop in Exeter, RI. Always happy with them. Just purchased a 2015 RT and will have the newer version put on that. Never had a problem, I want to be seen and the 4 guys I ride with say they can see me from a heck of a distance. I especially like the idea of the newer technology.

Back