Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Admore Light Bar?

  1. #1
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16

    Admore Light Bar?

    Considering an Admore Light Bar with smart brake technology for my GS.
    Currently have Hyper Lites on the rear that keep falling off their double sided tape.
    Looking for pros/cons from those that have purchased an Admore Light Bar or seen them.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Have a peek at the bottom of this page in similar threads
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    16
    I purchased the large Admore brake light (without the smart brake) and love it! Greatly increases visibility.

  4. #4
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Have a peek at the bottom of this page in similar threads
    OM
    Thanks Omega Man.
    Does it auto post threads of interest?

  5. #5
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,900
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
    Thanks Omega Man.
    Does it auto post threads of interest?
    It's keyed to the titles. Chances are others will chime in with comments.
    There is also the "tag cloud", also accessed at the bottom of the page.
    Good luck.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  6. #6
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by 107536 View Post
    I purchased the large Admore brake light (without the smart brake) and love it! Greatly increases visibility.
    Thanks for the info.

  7. #7
    Addicted to curves azgman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    834
    Absolutely a first rate product. I have had the same Admore on my last 3 bikes (6+ yrs). Never an issue and it definitely increased visibility.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
    .....
    Currently have Hyper Lites on the rear that keep falling off their double sided tape.
    Thanks.
    Have you replaced the 3M tape on the hyper lights after cleaning both surfaces. I have 4 sets of hyper lites an only had 1 problem when a set were installed without a good cleaning. After cleaning and New 3M tape I have not had any issues again.
    I ride my GS off road over tough surfaces and that set of hyper lites have never budged.
    Seek Fun. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most fools do" BF
    2009 K1300GT,
    2011 R1200GSA
    2014 Kawasaki DTracker; 2016 Honda NC700 DCT

  9. #9
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by roamingbeemer View Post
    Have you replaced the 3M tape on the hyper lights after cleaning both surfaces. I have 4 sets of hyper lites an only had 1 problem when a set were installed without a good cleaning. After cleaning and New 3M tape I have not had any issues again.
    I ride my GS off road over tough surfaces and that set of hyper lites have never budged.
    I have done as you mentioned.
    This is my second set of hyper-lites, first on the GS. I had them on my GTL with no issues.
    Mark
    2017 GS

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
    I have done as you mentioned.
    This is my second set of hyper-lites, first on the GS. I had them on my GTL with no issues.
    Interesting. Maybe you ride harder than me.. haha.
    Seek Fun. "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain--and most fools do" BF
    2009 K1300GT,
    2011 R1200GSA
    2014 Kawasaki DTracker; 2016 Honda NC700 DCT

  11. #11
    Registered User littlebriar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Harbor Beach, Michigan
    Posts
    36
    I got the premium one with Smart Brake Technology. 2 days ago I had a guy follow me for a while and asked me to pull over. I thought he was an unmarked cop. He came up and wanted to know what brake bar it was. He was so impressed with the performance that he said he had to get one.
    Steve
    2016 R1200RT San Marino Blue Metalic

  12. #12
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by roamingbeemer View Post
    Interesting. Maybe you ride harder than me.. haha.
    Ha!
    Pretty sure that's not it. I think they were in direct sunlight too long.
    Mark
    2017 GS

  13. #13
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebriar View Post
    I got the premium one with Smart Brake Technology. 2 days ago I had a guy follow me for a while and asked me to pull over. I thought he was an unmarked cop. He came up and wanted to know what brake bar it was. He was so impressed with the performance that he said he had to get one.
    Good to hear.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    2017 GS

  14. #14
    Club President HankPfister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
    Posts
    333

    Admore brake light

    I have been a fan of the P3 aux brake lights from Skene Engeneering. But on my 2013 GSA I went with the Admore from Twisted Throttle. Install was fairly easy. In its factory settings, the automatic brake light was flashing too easily. Like even when I up shift it would flash the brakes. I downloaded the program to reset the setting, and set the auto brake setting on the lowest sensitivity. After that it worked better, and only activated when I would down shift at speed. It is a very bright and effective light. I had issues downloading the program and getting it to reset my light, but that maybe me and my computer more than the system.

    I just sold that bike and purchased a GS wet head. On this one I will probably go back to the Skene brake lights, and front Photon Blasters. Love them.
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

  15. #15
    Registered User ryno23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by HankPfister View Post
    I have been a fan of the P3 aux brake lights from Skene Engeneering. But on my 2013 GSA I went with the Admore from Twisted Throttle. Install was fairly easy. In its factory settings, the automatic brake light was flashing too easily. Like even when I up shift it would flash the brakes. I downloaded the program to reset the setting, and set the auto brake setting on the lowest sensitivity. After that it worked better, and only activated when I would down shift at speed. It is a very bright and effective light. I had issues downloading the program and getting it to reset my light, but that maybe me and my computer more than the system.

    I just sold that bike and purchased a GS wet head. On this one I will probably go back to the Skene brake lights, and front Photon Blasters. Love them.
    Good to hear.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    2017 GS

Similar Threads

  1. Admore tail light bar on a wethead
    By Wethead in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 01:02 AM
  2. Admore Lighting
    By selcpa in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2017, 02:08 AM
  3. Shad SH-48 Top Case with Admore Lighting
    By fordtech50 in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2015, 12:28 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 12:54 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •