• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michigan to the Pacific Northwest and Back

Wow. You averaged 471 miles per day? Those are some really long riding days? Over nine hours in the seat?

500-mile days on a GTL aren't that hard, especially if you're on the slab. I just looked at my records of the travel times for this trip (I get that from the GPS tracks for each day) and most days were between seven and nine hours. A few days were over ten hours, mostly days on nicer mountainous two-lane roads where the pace is slower and I'm stopping more often for photos.

I'm still using the stock seat and it's not that bad. I do feel like I'm getting some nerve irritation on the inside of the legs toward the end of long days, but my ass doesn't get very sore.

Ghost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back