• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Enderby BC!

star_lord

Hello everyone in here - glad to finally be a part of this group. My name is Bob - I've using Star_Lord as a tip of the hat to one of my favorite movies :wave

I've been a Rider since 1976 when I got hooked on my friends 1974 Honda CB750 - craved the bugs-in-the-teeth ever since (that's from smiling broadly whilst wearing an open-faced helmet). I've owned several bikes over the years, a couple of Triumph Bonnevilles and a Honda Shadow that I rode for nearly 15 years.

I bought my first (used) BMW in 2007: a 2002 R1200C - the crazy California cruiser. I love this bike and have put about 85,000 kms on it since. It's presently in the shop - having it's Lithuania-made clutch (and connected driveshaft) replaced after about 9500 kms(!)...but that's another story. I recently purchased a 1992 K100RS with 25,000 miles on it - saw it on the side of Otter Lake Road and couldn't ride by without buying! She's a real beauty - using her for my Avatar.

I look forward to meeting up with some of you - I tagged 'Yes' to many of the 'help out' questions when I joined the BMW MOA.

Shiny side up!

20170811_193038 MT.jpg

...The world is a highway - we are but merely Riders...

Attachments

• 20170811_193038 MT.jpg
    20170811_193038 MT.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 49
Well, Bob.
I see you took my advice and joined the club. Welcome. :ca
I see you bought Doug's, K RS. Sweet bike.

Welcome to the club. I figured Martin may have had some involvement in you joining when I saw you were from Enderby.

Welcome aboard. Have not been in that part of the country since the 70's. Spent one summer on Okanagan Lake, best summer I ever had, just lazy around!!

Back