• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

long life

Roy Barns is the man. I'm sure he will chime in.
Mine is only near 16K.
Gary

Ok I just turned 177,000 miles and still ruining fine. Three Staters (first two BMW) present one from Riches electronics. F650gs 2009 twin. Used no oil and I use Mobil 1 motorcycle oil in the 10/40 weight. first two staters lasted 50,000 miles each.

ok i just turned 177,000 miles and still ruining fine. Three staters (first two bmw) present one from riches electronics. F650gs 2009 twin. Used no oil and i use mobil 1 motorcycle oil in the 10/40 weight. First two staters lasted 50,000 miles each.
WoW!
Must be some life left in mine Roy.
Gary

Attachments

• 2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive_color_lrg.jpg
    2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive_color_lrg.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 194
By the I forgot to say my 07 ST is coming up to 13K. Got it in 2010 with 1.5K. 2015 and 2016 not much due to work and house moving. Now retired.

2013 F800GT with 49,000. The only issue was a leaking fork seal. Changed the belt, and battery once, the headlight bulb twice. It's a daily bike plus a few long rides. Coast to coast to coast once. I had always expected to move up to an R1200RT, but lately I'm wondering why.

Chris, I love the Kairos work. I've worked Walk to Emmaus, Tres Dias, and Chrysallis many times.

Last edited:
Ok I just turned 177,000 miles and still ruining fine. Three Staters (first two BMW) present one from Riches electronics. F650gs 2009 twin. Used no oil and I use Mobil 1 motorcycle oil in the 10/40 weight. first two staters lasted 50,000 miles each.

Now up to 181.000 miles and the third stator is failing. Just finished a 4200 mile trip down south and back. Wa. to AR.

Excellent!
I'm curious about the stator deal......symptoms and need/trouble to replace the stator.
I was aware of past problems but thought the problems ( overheating?) had been resolved.
Thanks.
Gary

Back