• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Wiring for K1200GT Low Beam

Goodbob99

My xenon bulb burned out. I found the quick access cap and replaced it, but now the low beam does not work. It looks like it is powered by yellow and yellow/white wires. Anybody have a clue as to where I can test it back to the battery? I traced it to a bundle of wrapped wires that seem to lead to the battery, but I don't really want to have to open it up unless it's the only way.

Before tearing into any wiring, I'd connect a gs911 or dealer MoDiTec and make sure the canbus is happy and allowing that circuit to power up. Also, make sure you are allowing the system self-checks to complete before trying to start the bike. On my K13GT if I rush that process it will sometimes fail to activate the HL and throws a warning lamp on the dash, tho I've not had that happen since replacing the battery...

Best
DG

Back