• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2000 k1200 lt abs issues

slatefish

well here we go , after the screwed tire after about a hundred miles the abs lights are a flashing, alternately off course, several questions , will this pass inspection in mass? anyone in central mass have a diagnostic 911 that will work on this bike? there is no servo noise at front or rear brakes function seems normal . tried cleaning pick ups, and clearances are good on front but rear seems a little tight would this be enough to trigger fault?here you go lee !! thanks in advance! p.s. tried the on off several times , would disconnecting the battery help ? put the battery on charger and it immediatly showed fully charged. :dunno

If I remember correctly alternating 1 Hz flashing lights means low fluid. Check the fluid level in the servos.

If I remember correctly alternating 1 Hz flashing lights means low fluid. Check the fluid level in the servos.

checked fluid in front and rear reservoirs and are good not familiar with servo fluid levels will check the book thank you

On the servo assisted brake bikes there are four locations to check the fluid level. It sounds like you have checked two. You need to check the level in the two servo reservoirs. I'm not familiar with the K1200LT but on my R1150RT I have to remove the tank to check the level. That is most likely the reason the BMW engineers put a level sensor in them. There are no level sensors in the handlebar and rear brake peddle master cylinders. They are easy enough to visually inspect.

checked fluid in front and rear reservoirs
If the LT is like the K1200RS there's 2 chambers in the back reservoir, make sure both are full.

36500d1347935481-brake-failure-warning-lights-go-off-sometimes-when-i-turn-off-restart-res-1.jpg

Brake warning light

I have had this issue before also. The fix has always been to fill the three reservoirs to the limit. the third one for the back is behind the lower panel which has to be removed to access. Even a millimeter low will trigger the warning light with about 1 second intervals.

well here we go , after the screwed tire after about a hundred miles the abs lights are a flashing, alternately off course, several questions , will this pass inspection in mass? anyone in central mass have a diagnostic 911 that will work on this bike? there is no servo noise at front or rear brakes function seems normal . tried cleaning pick ups, and clearances are good on front but rear seems a little tight would this be enough to trigger fault?here you go lee !! thanks in advance! p.s. tried the on off several times , would disconnecting the battery help ? put the battery on charger and it immediatly showed fully charged. :dunno

The 2000LT does not have servo brakes & the fluid level is not monitored. The servo brakes with monitored fluid levels started with the 2002 US model LT's

The 2000LT does not have servo brakes & the fluid level is not monitored. The servo brakes with monitored fluid levels started with the 2002 US model LT's

Thank you. I thought I was hallucinating. I'd never heard of a 2000 LT with e-brakes and servos.

There is a code hidden in the flashing sequence of the ABS II warning lights. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure you can find it. The other obvious fault is low battery voltage.

You don't HAVE to have ABS on a bike in Mass, so if the brakes themselves are fine, you should pass inspection, provided only the ABS lights flash, and not the brake warning light itself.

Back