• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fall 2017 It's Started

The reds of the Sassafras tres come first
Post pictures and locations as the fall season progresses.IMG_1519.jpgIMG_1518.jpg

Central Illinois Labor Day 2017

Fall

IMG_1529.jpgIMG_1531.jpgIMG_1530.jpg

1: some yellows creeping in
2: prairie restoration or weeds? Pretty, yellow, makes me sneeze
3: official plant of the Airhead Beemer Club
Location Central Illinois about 5 miles west of Springfield

i-sRZWM7M.jpg

Corn

IMG_1565.jpg

Corn: fall is harvest time, I am driving the grain cart see corner of it in picture hauling the harvested corn to the bin ( tall round metal thing holds 12,000 bushels of corn or 672,000 lb.) on the other side of old barn about 840 bushels at a time. Harvesting machine or combine is the dust cloud on right side of picture

FYI: about 2.8 gallons of ethanol is produced per bushel so 33,600 gallons from this one bin of corn I helped fill 3 bins this size enough enough ethanol can be made from these 3 bins of corn to make over 1 million gallons of e10.

Last edited:
Fall

IMG_1572.jpg

More red in the Sassafras most trees leafs seem to be going from green to brown on the ground IMG_1571.jpg

Anything nice up in the U.P. Yet or Northern Wisconsin?

Last Week on the Blue Ridge Parkway

I rode the Blue Ride Parkway and adjacent roads last week near Blowing Rock, NC. I was preparing to take a shot of the Lin Cove Viaduct from US221 when I heard the low, powerful note of a boxer. The 2-up grey, Erica-equipped RT rounded the turn before I could get the camera up so I managed to snap this shot before that disappeared. Too bad you can't see the MOA sticker on the top case.
L1001640-M.jpg

Just off the parkway, I photographed the Linville River and the upper falls:
L1001659-M.jpg

L1001654-M.jpg

Mike

Back