• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

VERY Good Experience at Pandora's

shortythorne

shortythorne
Just so those of you who don't know me personally won't think I am always just an old, grouchy b..ch, I want to say that I received exceptional service from Pandora's European Motorsports in Chattanooga, TN. It is always easier to complain than complement, but this dealership deserves recognition. I posted a rant about another dealer a few weeks ago concerning my hunt for a F700GS (factory lowered), so I wanted to give credit where credit is due.
A few weeks ago, while on our way to Pennsylvania, my low beam bulb went out only a few miles from my house. Since our route was taking us thru Chattanooga anyway, we decided to stop in at Pandora's to get it replaced. Paul does all of our service, but he commented that he would just pay them because of the situation ( and it was HOT and he really didn't want to stand in the parking lot of the dealership and change the bulb, which is a bugger to get to). After we arrived at Pandora's, we mentioned that we were in the market for a lowered F700GS ( while they had my bike in the service dept., changing out my bulb). The salesman was actually knowledgeable about BMW's (imagine that), and there was absolutely no BS in our conversation. They did not have the bike in stock, but asked me what color I was interested in. Before I knew it, they told me they found one at another dealer, and would get it for me. They said it was ok if I changed my mind, that they wouldn't have a problem selling it. I said go for it, so I'm just waiting for them to receive it. NOW THAT IS SERVICE! as it should be. When we finished our discussion about the m/c, we said we needed to pay for the bulb change, and the service manager said "Don't worry about it, no big deal". Paul said, "well we need to at least pay for the bulb", to which he replied "nope, it's on us". I was pretty much speechless, as not being used to such service. We thanked them profusely, and were on our way. Now who do you think Gail is going to do m/c business with in the future?:)

Always good to hear about good service. I might even get there one day.

And, Gail, I would never even consider thinking of you as old......

Thanks Gail.........They are right up the road and easily get all of our business. They are the kind of folks that one stops by to just say hey to........

Shorty's Follow-Up

Just so those of you who don't know me personally won't think I am always just an old, grouchy b..ch, I want to say that I received exceptional service from Pandora's European Motorsports in Chattanooga, TN. It is always easier to complain than complement, but this dealership deserves recognition. I posted a rant about another dealer a few weeks ago concerning my hunt for a F700GS (factory lowered), so I wanted to give credit where credit is due.
A few weeks ago, while on our way to Pennsylvania, my low beam bulb went out only a few miles from my house. Since our route was taking us thru Chattanooga anyway, we decided to stop in at Pandora's to get it replaced. Paul does all of our service, but he commented that he would just pay them because of the situation ( and it was HOT and he really didn't want to stand in the parking lot of the dealership and change the bulb, which is a bugger to get to). After we arrived at Pandora's, we mentioned that we were in the market for a lowered F700GS ( while they had my bike in the service dept., changing out my bulb). The salesman was actually knowledgeable about BMW's (imagine that), and there was absolutely no BS in our conversation. They did not have the bike in stock, but asked me what color I was interested in. Before I knew it, they told me they found one at another dealer, and would get it for me. They said it was ok if I changed my mind, that they wouldn't have a problem selling it. I said go for it, so I'm just waiting for them to receive it. NOW THAT IS SERVICE! as it should be. When we finished our discussion about the m/c, we said we needed to pay for the bulb change, and the service manager said "Don't worry about it, no big deal". Paul said, "well we need to at least pay for the bulb", to which he replied "nope, it's on us". I was pretty much speechless, as not being used to such service. We thanked them profusely, and were on our way. Now who do you think Gail is going to do m/c business with in the future?:)

Pandora's called me a week or so ago to tell me they had the lowered F700GS mentioned above. We went back to Chattanooga and I test rode the bike. As I stated earlier in a different post, I was pretty apprehensive about changing bikes due to me being a freak (short), but since BMW isn't going to be making the G650 single anymore it left me in a bit of a dilemma. After much hand wringing and way too much thinking, I felt the F700GS was a good move. I even took the thing up a steep, sketchy gravel road, not that I'll be riding this bike off road, but because I wanted to be sure I could handle it in any situation I might be likely to encounter. After the test ride I felt a lot more confident in myself. Long story short...I bought the bike and couldn't be happier! I didn't want to post anything until I had several hundred miles on it. Really hated to trade my trusty 650 single with only 91, 171 miles, but I am so pleased with my new bike. Also, I cannot say enough good things about the folks at Pandora's, as they were EXCEPTIONAL and could not have been easier to deal with. They seemed to really be in tune with my needs as a short rider and acted like they truly appreciated my business. They even went over EVERY aspect of the bike (especially the on board computer) to make sure I understood how everything worked! I have NEVER been treated this good by a motorcycle dealer. It makes me feel really good about my purchase and even prouder than ever to be riding a BMW.
024.jpg
026.jpg

That is a pretty bike, almost as pretty as my new one!!:)

Reading your post my thought was that is how a dealership should be, and its a shame that more don't realize that is how you sell bikes!

leftSidefront_14oct17.jpg

Back