• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

More silliness

Forward, to keep the fob oriented toward the rear. That way it's less likely to bounce around and interfere with the aerodynamics.

....and without a key chain or any other keys attached. This helps reduce weight and has the effect of adding 5 extra horsepower. That's also why my bike is so clean. Less weight caused by dirt makes my bike go faster and is more aerodynamic.

I can't remember, the rubber part disintegrated on both keys for my '94 several years ago. All that's left is a little JB Weld from my last attempt the keep the pcs together. Maybe if the rubber part was made from JB Weld..

Lifted up bike to see where the key would fit in and what gender it is.
Damn dealership forgot to tell me it's a key fob.

Lost My Ass

I can't remember, the rubber part disintegrated on both keys for my '94 several years ago. All that's left is a little JB Weld from my last attempt the keep the pcs together. Maybe if the rubber part was made from JB Weld..

After joining the Airhead Beemer Club I found that one of the Club cannons required me to carry a bottle opener for after riding riding therapy. So I hung one on my oilhead key, after a stop one day upon returning to the bike reached into my pocket for my key and realized I Lost My Ass. (See pictures in original post and picture 1 this post) like etinch my rubber had gave away, so my ass was unattached.IMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg

As you can from photo 2 I scratch my ass to much also.

Last edited:
With all the bad things around the worldView attachment 63540View attachment 63542

Do you ride with your key sloping forward or backwards?

Same dilemma one has with the oil filler cap.......short end fore or aft?

Tells you a lot about the person.

I'm a forward looking aerodynamic guy........short end forward for both the key and oil filler plug. Rubber/soft plastic Michelin key-fob, always. My first stop in the vendor area at a rally.

Same dilemma one has with the oil filler cap.......short end fore or aft?

Tells you a lot about the person.

I'm a forward looking aerodynamic guy........short end forward for both the key and oil filler plug. Rubber/soft plastic Michelin key-fob, always. My first stop in the vendor area at a rally.

Crap there's a short end on the oil filler cap

Back