• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Windscreen problem

ndrhsr

My '14 RTW windscreen going down at turnoff or returning to up position upon start off has stopped working. It still functions manually with the switch. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This may sound dumb but you do realize it does not go back up until you have ridden about 100 feet.

My '14 RTW windscreen going down at turnoff or returning to up position upon start off has stopped working. It still functions manually with the switch. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have experienced this maybe a half dozen times in 84,000 miles on my 14RT . I just adjust it as I'm moving and it's ok again for many miles , don't know why it happens but don't consider it a problem .

I have experienced this maybe a half dozen times in 84,000 miles on my 14RT . I just adjust it as I'm moving and it's ok again for many miles , don't know why it happens but don't consider it a problem .

Found out that as I turned off the key if I applied some pressure on the windscreen it would retract . So lubed up the pivot points & all has returned to normal.

Back