• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What am I??

victory082

Victory082
I have a 2017 BMW R1200GS.
Am I an "airhead", "oil head", "hex head/cam head" or what?:dunno
I need help with my "anti-theft alarm(DWA): P.76 in the manual is NO help!) because the tech who installed it did not have the latest software to update it & could not find it. Software is the bane of the computer world.:banghead
Believe it or not BMW actually charged me $6 to get the manual for my alarm but I do not have the manual yet. I do have the alarm installed though. Not sure the manual will help though as I have no way of updating the software on my bike & even if I did I would not do it cause 1 comma out of place could mess up the entire system!
If anyone can help & advise me I would very much appreciate it as I am a newbie to this site & BMWs.
Any suggestions will help too as "you don't know what you don't know until you ask & are told."
Thank you:)

Welcome to the forum! Unless I'm missing something my guess is that you're bike would be a Wethead...it should be if it has water cooling and a radiator.

I have the alarm on my 07RT but my manual for it doesn't have that many pages. What kind of help with it do you need? Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

What are you?

You sound like a MOAner to me! :ha

JK!!!

Don't worry... no one ever steals BMWs. :nono

Welcome here, though... I do offer one clue, you're not an Airhead :1drink

Ian

Back