• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How is everyone in Southern Texas?

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Reports of 20" of rain in the Houston area is a real "coffin popper".
Be well. Stay safe.
Gary

The line for who got hit or not is pretty small. So far I've only received about 1.5" of rain and maybe some 20-25 mile an hour gusts. If the storm had come 25 miles more to the west, it would have been a different story. Rockport sure got smashed...Houston is going to have some serious issues with flooding. I heard the newscaster indicate that Houston's floods could be the worst in US history. I thought Katrina was bad!!

Oh, and I won't be riding this weekend!

I live in Missouri City, Southwest side of Houston. My home and shop are on higher ground and we are behind a levee. BUT......we just passed 27 inches of rain! I have a good rain gauge mounted about 20' up on a pole and it has proven accurate when compared to a manual "dump to empty" gauge I also have. I could use a break in the rain.........

End total for rain perhaps 50"??
6 or 7 years back we received around 11" in a couple of days span- almost did us in :eek
I used to think fires were the worse thing, changed my mind to flooding. With a fire- it's gone. With a flood, is frequently still there but unusable.
OM

Staying in the rv on higher ground. No water in house or shop, but there is an evacuation order. So, I can still go to the house. Looking better as far as the river crest height. Just passed 45 inches of rain since Friday at the house. That is really hard to describe if you don't see it.......

Staying in the rv on higher ground. No water in house or shop, but there is an evacuation order. So, I can still go to the house. Looking better as far as the river crest height. Just passed 45 inches of rain since Friday at the house. That is really hard to describe if you don't see it.......

Hard to imagine. Hang in :wave
Gary

Hope the flood water stays away for you.
Did you get your Shelby out, or elevated?

Long time member and Houston resident Hi Bice reports he is high and dry, with two more bottles of wine.

Back