• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2007 K1200GT needs transmission

marty

Marty
My 07 K1200GT has worn 4th gear out. The mechanic says there was play in the bearing and has worn 4th gear enough for it to momentarily skip when applying throttle.
The dilemma is that the cost to replace is very expensive (think arm and leg! lol), so I have been trying to locate a used one through bike shops and salvage places with no luck.
Can anyone here direct me to where I might find one that doesn't cost as much as my bike is worth? LOL. Also, can the 1300 transmission fit the 1200?
I love this bike and want to keep it.
Appreciate any input.

Keep checking ebay. A friend was able to buy a used transmission at a good price for his 2007 K1200S.
Seems like there is a shop in Florida that will rebuild the transmission.
I don't remember if the K1300 transmission will work.

Thanks, I'm also going to Endras BMW and talk with Owen the mechanic (super guy) and see if he has any lines on used parts.
Fingers firmly crossed!

Thanks Lee, I checked them out and have spoken to Mark there, Very knowledgeable and helpful. I'll probably end up shipping it to them and report back in a few weeks with the results.
The forums have always been such a great resource for me. Thanks again

Transmission Fixed

I've received my transmission back from R&D Motorsports in Clearwater Florida and put about 600 miles so far. Mark from R&D was very helpful and forthcoming with information, so I was at ease when i made my decision.
I also put in a Barnett clutch and new BMW springs at the same time (also reccommended by Mark). The results are remarkable, as I have no huge clunk putting into 1st from neutral and the shifting is much smoother (the engagement is a little further on the clutch lever, but that was no issue) and continues to be smoother as the miles pile up.
This bike always had clutch issues from new (juddering and noise) that were sorted out by Endras BMW in Ajax over a period of time and they installed the rebuilt tranny, clutch and new springs.
Owen, the head mechanic at Endras was excellent as always and I have built a great relationship with my dealer over the last 15 years. BTW, it was $6,000.00 Cdn for a new BMW tranny. Wow!
I've owned this bike for 10 years and have 55,000 miles (90,000 kms) and plan to keep it for a lot longer as I really like this bike. I have no connection with R&D Motorsports and got their information from Lee here in our forums.
I am very happy with the quality of their work (not quite so happy about how much it cost! Lol) and would be happy to answer anyones questions if they ever need this work done.
A very happy rider again, but winter is about to shut the riding down up here. Looking forward to lots of riding next year.:dance:dance:dance

Back