• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

UCLEAR AMP PRO: User experience?

scottegilman

NYC Rider
What has been the experience of forum members who are using UCLEAR AMP PRO communications system? Finally, I am moving away from hardwire comms; I'm tired of being tethered with the cords. My primary use is rider to passenger comms, and integration of GPS voice commands, iPhone music and an occasional call. I want a comm system that is simple to use, connects reliably and audio volume/clarity is adequate at highway speeds. Initially I was planning to wait for the SENA 30K, but I have read favorable reviews about the AMP PRO. I'd appreciate hearing from those who use UCLEAR, and perhaps considered SENA, but chose UCLEAR. Thank you.

Scott

Welcome to the forum!
While you are waiting for some current responses, at the bottom of the page there is a listing of "similar threads" that may help.
Gary

We have Uclear and like the absence of the boom mike. The problem is we get a delay and as quiet as our BMW is we can hear each other and then the delay through the speakers. If we ever get a louder bike we may use them again. Oops just reread your post and see passenger communications was not one of your requirements. Never mind.

We have the Uclear 100 , maybe the first one they came out with. Upside, it works great with my phone , bluetooth it thru the garmin into my headset and talking on the phone works great. Down side is loud noise with the passenger set on. So if you don't have a passenger you should be fine.

UCLEAR & Intercom

Thanks Patiodadio for the response. Is the problem static? Intermittent or constant noise between rider/pillion sets? Is it so bad that it's useless trying to communicate?
Occasionally on long trips (usually interstates) my wife joins me. I spoke with UCLEAR today and I was told that a firmware update will come out next week, and it will allow the music to play in the background during intercom conversations. That' a relatively important issue because my wife is a great singer (has sung professionally) and she sings along with the music and I enjoy hearing her sing.

We have the Uclear 100 , maybe the first one they came out with. Upside, it works great with my phone , bluetooth it thru the garmin into my headset and talking on the phone works great. Down side is loud noise with the passenger set on. So if you don't have a passenger you should be fine.

I spoke with UCLEAR today and I was told that a firmware update will come out next week, and it will allow the music to play in the background during intercom conversations.

How does one get this Firmware update?
jason

Uclear

I haven't switched over yet to a Bluetooth comm system but it's my understanding that updates are done through a Uclear app. That's based on what I read on Uclear's website.

I spoke with UCLEAR today and I was told that a firmware update will come out next week, and it will allow the music to play in the background during intercom conversations.

How does one get this Firmware update?
jason

I haven't switched over yet to a Bluetooth comm system but it's my understanding that updates are done through a Uclear app. That's based on what I read on Uclear's website.

you are correct, I'm doing the upgrade right now via the APP.........
jason

I've done the upgrade and think I'm less happy with these units now than before the upgrade..............

The sound quality isn't as good, and it seems the microphones stay on all the time!

Does anyone know if you can do a hard reset or something?

jason

Back