• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nickname for Ride

It pretty much depends on the day and what I rode yesterday. Don't want to wear em down. There's Pete, the Tennessee Walker, Ruthie the App, Button the little Morgan, and Annie the thorobred racer:

Attachments

• 2017-08-09 21.10.53.jpg
    2017-08-09 21.10.53.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 287
Name

Would that be the name you called it when your drive shaft / finale drive destroyed itself again?

Young Dr. Fronkensteen

Thanks for asking....my last 3 bikes were named for characters in one of my fave movies (title line).....

'97 K1100 LT (long gone): Frau Blucher (Blooker)

'82 RS (bought in '84): Igor (eye-gore)

'04 RT (still gorgeous): Inga

......why be normal:dance

Thanks for asking....my last 3 bikes were named for characters in one of my fave movies (title line).....

'97 K1100 LT (long gone): Frau Blucher (Blooker)

'82 RS (bought in '84): Igor (eye-gore)

'04 RT (still gorgeous): Inga

......why be normal:dance

Hilarious movie!!!

1976 R60/6 "Little Blue" (Because she is, well little and blue... it was the "smallest" Beemer BMW sold at that time, and the color is Monza Blue)

1974 R90S "Grey Ghost" (Because the previous owner named it so, to honor its legacy plus the name felt very fitting)

1981 R80G/S "Marfa" (Because I traveled many times to Marfa, Texas and Pinto Canyon Road and area might be some of the best R80G/S terrain)

It pretty much depends on the day and what I rode yesterday. Don't want to wear em down. There's Pete, the Tennessee Walker, Ruthie the App, Button the little Morgan, and Annie the thorobred racer:

Now, don't jump me, but I truly believe a horse is in any respect better and faster than anything 'engineers have come up with.

My 1994 R11RS is Ruby B. Goin' Ya'll, but my mechanic (and everyone else) calls her Big RED!

ba.jpg

Now, don't jump me, but I truly believe a horse is in any respect better and faster than anything 'engineers have come up with.

Having grown up with horses and having owned horses (don't have any now) I really think all they are good for is getting hurt on. Mile for mile motorcycles are 100 % safer :thumb

Back