• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nickname for Ride

My R1150R became Bullwinkle one day as I looked at it from the front. With driving lights and two GPS units sticking out looking like antlers, Bullwinkle it became.

My 1986 K75 (prior to the pinned rings) became known as Old Smokey, and in her 370,000 mile life she earned the name on more than one occasion.

I have an 08 FJR1300 that is black and I call her Pearl. My 16 GSA is red and silver. I call him Hans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, don't jump me, but I truly believe a horse is in any respect better and faster than anything 'engineers have come up with.
Better I understand. It is subjective, but I see lots of ways that horses are better than modern inventions. But faster? You must have some pretty fast horses.

I am not quick at naming bikes, and many never rise to get a name. But my '86K75 became Old Smokey for obvious reasons, and my R1150R, with its driving lights and GPS mounts resembling antlers, became Bullwinkle. Others get such illustrious names as "the K bike", or "the cop bike", or "the dirt bike". But by the time it was in my hands for only a day I became inclined to call my G310GS "Gus".

Like Paul, I'm not quick with names either, as deliberately choosing a name seems contrived. I let a name come forward on its own, if it does. So here goes.

Current bike, a 2012 R1200GS, is either The Starship or NCC-1200GS. This is because it has all the bells and whistles and does indeed seem like a starship, even compared to my former medium-equipped '07 GS. And then there's the whole thing about warping around the galaxy, of which this bike seeks quite capable- it's the best tourer I've ever had!

Former bikes:
2007 R1200GS- El Chpucabra
1996 R100R- The BatBike
1985 K100RT- The Brick

My new G310GS told me her name was GRed!

My F800 was FRed, so that made sense.

Voni
sMiling

IMG_8002.jpg

Back