Thread: Anyone put a GSA brake pedal on a GS?

Anyone put a GSA brake pedal on a GS?

So after doing a three day off road trip on my GS I really started to wish the brake pedal was higher. Especially with my Pivot Pegz it's difficult to activate it when I'm standing. However, I like the brake pedal heigh when I'm seated. It sounds like the pedal is non-adjustable and I'm coveting the GSA style brake pedal with the flip down piece to adjust the height on the fly. Looks like a GSA pedal is about $210 from the dealership. Does anybody know for sure if this will swap on to a GS? Looking at the parts diagram it seems like it would and just requires an additional bushing which is included. The parts guy at my dealership said it would not work but the service manager said it would. Would like to hear from someone who has actually done this before I drop money on a pricey part.

On a sidenote: anybody want to sell me a cheap used GSA brake pedal?
    14 R1200GS, 02 R1150RT (retired)

GSA brake pedal

In June of this year I participated in a Rawhyde camp in Colorado. All of their GS's are outfitted with most of the GSA farkles except the upper crash bars. All of their GS's had the GSA brake levers. I used one of their bikes for two days of riding. Most of our 150-200 miles each day was standing. The brake lever was a great improvement over the stock lever.

Perfect, thank you.

Update

I looked at aftermarket options but none that I found could be adjusted for height on the fly. You would have to get off the bike to change the pedal height. I tried to find a used GSA brake pedal for sale but came up empty. So, I bit the bullet and ordered one from Bobís BMW for $210. Installed it yesterday. Very easy installation, itís a direct swap out for the stock GS brake pedal. Went out for a ride with some mixed on and off road and really liked it. In the lower position I canít tell a difference between the GS and the GSA brake pedal. In the higher position definitely much easier to reach while standing, which was my goal. So, happy with my purchase and recommend it to others.