• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Too good to be true???

Armyguy1128

Ok...My search may be over. I've been searching for a K1200RS for about 5 weeks now. I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it.... Its a 2001 RS with 18k on her. Many after market parts, 5.5 rear wheel, Remus Exaust, Chip, K+N Air filter , Ohlins front and rear shocks, Corbin Seat, Piaa Lights and the BMW bags and trunk, Tires have less then 5k on them. But heres the kicker...he only wants 7500 for it. Should I be worried or just take it a run before he knows what kind of mistake he just made. I made a ruff guess that the bike has to have 3500 in after market parts if not more...so why sell so cheap?? Heres some pics

Attachments

• 13_0.jpg
    13_0.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 274
Armyguy1128 said:
Ok...My search may be over. I've been searching for a K1200RS for about 5 weeks now. I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it.... Its a 2001 RS with 18k on her. Many after market parts, 5.5 rear wheel, Remus Exaust, Chip, K+N Air filter , Ohlins front and rear shocks, Corbin Seat, Piaa Lights and the BMW bags and trunk, Tires have less then 5k on them. But heres the kicker...he only wants 7500 for it. Should I be worried or just take it a run before he knows what kind of mistake he just made. I made a ruff guess that the bike has to have 3500 in after market parts if not more...so why sell so cheap?? Heres some pics

I'm not one to go for aftermarket add-ons. I value the bike that nothing has done to it...no fingers that I don't know about messing around with stuff. So, even though I do aftermarket stuff on my own bike, I don't expect others to pay for it. I am perfectly willing to consider money spent on aftermarket stuff to be spent. If it's something that comes right off without tracks, then I would take it off and sell it later to recover some value.
I do think the price is low considering what is out there, but you should talk one on one with the seller and be honest. Why is the price low? Anything leaking? Any funny noises? Then come back here and we'll probably tell you "they all do that".
Whatever you do, don't try to take advantage of the sellers possible ignorance of value. You could easily end up being the loser in the end...maybe not on this deal, but it's a good rule to live by.

Well thats the funny thing... he has a 2001 Aprilla up for sale at $12,500. He's got a new K1200S on order. He's the original owner with all the service records, plus all the factory parts go with the bike....

The bike is listed in an auction, so it may go well over the current price of $7500. Jack is right about the aftermarket stuff, once installed the value is whatever the market will bare, not what it cost new. Some guys don't like the same accessories, so if sold as used it will get a percentage of the original purchase price. As long as the motor and tranny are good, go for it. That's the best color scheme ever done on a K12, but then I'm somewhat biased!
MOA #121282
'00 K1200RS (manderin/graphite)

Sounds like some good stuff is on the bike,good performance parts,good suspension parts,and good touring parts.You could ask what the guys at K-Bikes thank also.

Go for it

Go for the
buy-it-now.gif
button

Yeah,,,but the guy didnt call me back and never emailed me back...so ebay retracted my bid. Oh well...wasnt ment to be I guess....Im still looking

Too bad, I think it went for the base price of $7500. Don't worry, there will be another one to come along. A friend of mine just got a 2004 that had been dropped with fairly minor damage for around $7500. It isn't perfect, but you have to look close to find anything wrong, and when your going down the road, you still smile real big......even with a scratch or two on it. Keep looking, I love mine.

john1691
2000 K1200RS

Back