• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Issue with Clearwater Lights - One light intermittent outages

zenwhipper

I purchased a set of Darlas back in the spring and mounted them to my 2016 R1200RT. The kit info is below. Came with CANopener 3 and has the WonderWheel functionality

The lights had been working great. However, the right light has now been operating only intermittently. It comes on when the bike starts, but over time, the light goes out during a ride. If I flash the high beams or turn the high beams on, the light comes on as a high beam (as it should). Switching back to low beams, the light stays on for a while, flickers and fades out completely. If I restart the bike, the light comes back on.

Any thoughts mates? :thumb

I had no issues with the install. I feel confident in my wiring.

Just a bugger of an issue it seems. :banghead

D51- BMW R1200GSW /GSAW, R1200RTW
w/WonderWheel. 25mm - 1" crash bar mount.
Includes CANopener3 (V2.0) (B25)

I installed Darla's on my RT and had 2 of them that failed. The folks there were very responsive and both times overnighted replacements to me.

Bit of an update. In contact with Clearwater and they will replace both lights free of charge. :)

They never stated what they thought to be the issue. :dunno

Now I just need to dive under the front nose and undo my stellar wiring jobbie when I installed them. Just need to disconnect at the Posi-Taps and reconnect the new lights.

Kind of wish I did not have to go through this pain. :violin

Oh well...

Back