• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Time to get a new BMW

bmwdean

BMW MOA co-founder
At 77, time to get a new BMW. A 2017 R1200RTW.

fall-colors.jpg

http://bmwdean.com/r1200rtw.htm

Last week I saw a new white RT accompanied by a white K16GT - thought there might be a major law enforcement event in progress. White's a great color for these models.

Last edited:
Definitely has the cop look. I bet the left lane will voluntarily clear for you, then breathe a sigh of relief after they see you are NOT a cop.

I really like the white color after seeing them up close. So, I have moved up my timeline and looks like I will be getting a new white 2017 shortly. My original plan was to wait for the 2018 RT, but the prelims that came out on the colors did not grab me like the white.

You give me hope. At 70 I've been considering selling my bikes. :thumb

And it does look like a police bike. :thumb

I have a friend who who is 80 and rode to the MOA national in Utah. On his ride home he did 865 miles (1,392 km) in one day!

Last edited:
You don't stop riding because you get old...you get old because you stop riding.

Nice motorcycle!

Rode a white RT loaner home from MAX in CT. last month while they fixed my saddlebag. Rode by cops at a few road details and they did a second look. GF loved the white but I prefer my Sam Marino blue.

Rode a white RT loaner home from MAX in CT. last month while they fixed my saddlebag. Rode by cops at a few road details and they did a second look. GF loved the white but I prefer my Sam Marino blue.

I like them both!

17-and-15-with-names-400.jpg

You give me hope. At 70 I've been considering selling my bikes. :thumb

And it does look like a police bike. :thumb

Ditto here (70) except rather than thinking of selling I'm always scheming to increase the herd!! Good to hear seven more years is not unreasonable!

Congrats Jeff. We have two club members with new 2017 white RTs and, to me, they look even nicer in person than in pictures which is a bonus.

I'm only in my mid-60s but like your friend, we have a couple of club members in their early-mid 80's who still rack up miles. One of whom is getting ready to do a 3-4 day 2,000 km Gaspé Peninsula ride and has been known to do long mileage days.

I'll be 77 in November and bought my first BMW RT today after 41 years on Goldwings. Looking for tips on mounting my radar detector.
Bob

Back