• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Help Needed Shipping Swiss R1200RT from Montreal

saylorspond

Do we have any members in Montreal who might be able to help get my wrecked R1200RT (and misc parts) from a storage yard in Montreal Est to the Montreal Airport (YUL)? I live in Switzerland and need to ship my bike back to Europe.

While starting the last day of the Iron Butt Rally I crashed near Montreal Quebec on July 6. Thankfully, I am fine, but my lovely insurance company has totalled my bike but refuses to buy it. While the insurance process was going on, I had to fly home and am now needing to ship my bike.

The bike rolls but is not operational. This means it would need to be pushed onto a trailer, or pulled with a winch.

I am hoping to use the return portion of my Motorcycle Express shipment (Montreal to Paris), which is paid for. To do this, the bike needs to be delivered to the airport shipper, clean, and with less than 1 gal of gasoline in the tank (tank will need to be drained - free gas!). The battery must, presumably, still be disconnected. The shipping paperwork would also need to be processed by the person delivering the bike. Of course I pay all charges.

Oh, and I don't speak French but that wasn't much of a problem when I was there after the accident.

It would save me a flight back if someone has the time and patience to help out. Or if someone knows of a reliable local company willing to do the non routine tasks required, please let me know.

If I have to fly back to oversee the arrangements, I would still appreciate any recommendations in the Montreal area for motorcycle towing services. My AAA membership is worthless for transport from a salvage lot to an airport.

Timing of the transport is still to be determined, but hopefully before early September.

Thanks,

Scott Miller

Here is a quick update, in case someone has a similar challenge in the future.

I was able to call BMW Motorrad Montreal and talk with their service department. They recommended a local motorcycle towing service (Motosecours) who picked up my bike and towed it to them. BMW Motorrad Montreal will prep the bike for shipping this week and then I will have Motosecours tow it to the airport.

The task is not yet complete, but it looks promising:dance

Back