• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

97 K1100LT Master cyl locks when brake is applied

zabeathome

When front brake is applied master cyl locks and releases only releases when a brake line fitting is cracked

Blue Buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy,

That is usually a sign of a failed rubber brake line or the piston in the master cylinder not returning enough to clear the bleedback port. Is this a symptom that has just started or did you just do some work on your bike?

I'm going to leave your post here for a day or two (or until I know you've seen this), then I'm going to move your post to it's own thread where it will get more attention.

:dance:dance:dance

Mr. Lee,

The rubber brake line was replaced with a stainless steel one. At that time the brake fluid was replaced silicon brake fluid.

When the work was done 3 years ago the brakes worked fine. Two years ago they worked. Since then the bike has been in storage.

When taken out of storage this July the problem started. No other work was done on the brakes.

Blue Buddy

Buddy,

Did you replace BOTH front brake hoses? The one from the master that goes under the tank to the modulator AND the one that goes from the modulator to the calipers?

:dance:dance:dance

Back