Thread: Where do you put your state park sticker?

Where do you put your state park sticker?

I'm certainly not going to put it on my windshield

Ski.

sticker

I asked at the state park office off of hwy 59 between Palmyra and Eagle. They told me any where on the bike. It doesn't have to be right side out, as if it were on a window. Even under the seat was fine as I would only have to show it to get the camping pass and that would get me in for the duration. Take a ride and ask at the office, they were polite and answered my questions.
    Edit: On the middle of the fork slider would probable be the least obtrusive. They could see it from the office window. When it is time to remove and replace it, a heat gun would soften the glue.
    Last edited by franko; 08-10-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: thought a little more about it

Thanks Franco!

Ski

therideistheway therideistheway's Avatar
    Seattle, Boseman, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles

...and, Where Do You Put Your Handicapped Sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by skibumwi View Post
    I'm certainly not going to put it on my windshield

Ski.
    Yes, that's right. I have a Handicapped Sticker (plastic card). A long time ago in a place far, far away I received the gift of a severely broken lower back from our nation's enemies. After a 5 1/2 hour operation and a year of therapy, I can walk fairly well, but running (that I used to enjoy) has been off the activities list, as is lifting anything over 50 pounds, and some other things. A bone graft, steel rods and bolts, and two artificial disks are holding my lower back together and now I can't sit in a conventional vehicle without a high degree of back pain after about 15 minutes. However, I can ride a motorcycle all day and all night (WooHoo!!) without any back pain (and like anyone else, I'm limited by my posterior - it gives out first). My physician applied to the State of Washington and I received Handicapped Status and a plastic card in 2000, but I've had 2 stolen off my motorcycle because I refuse to commit 1st degree ugliness and tape it on someplace.

My best solution to date is that I've made an illegal copy that I hang on my handlebars, imprinted with a note to law enforcement:
    "To any Law Enforcement Officer: I have an original handicapped card and placard but they are in my possession to prevent theft. Since I always watch this motorcycle, I will be there in a minute at most. Thank you for your patience."

And in some cities, I've even had the paper copy stolen... and my happy days of running down thieves are long past. Besides, thieves seem faster on their feet than they used to be (or is this only my perception?)

Does anyone have a better answer? Thanks.
    "If motorcycling is the way, Ride On!"

-Wolfgang, #200025 Life
    therideistheway@gmail.com

I started using a tank bag several years ago. They are just so handy for everything from carrying my coffee mug (I live in Seattle, home of Starbucks...), the mail, sunglasses, etc. I too made a copy of my senior park pass and put it in the map pocket when I'm parked. The original is in the pannier.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Registered User andrewbrandon19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by therideistheway View Post
    Yes, that's right. I have a Handicapped Sticker (plastic card). A long time ago in a place far, far away I received the gift of a severely broken lower back from our nation's enemies. After a 5 1/2 hour operation and a year of therapy, I can walk fairly well, but running (that I used to enjoy) has been off the activities list, as is lifting anything over 50 pounds, and some other things. A bone graft, steel rods and bolts, and two artificial disks are holding my lower back together and now I can't sit in a conventional vehicle without a high degree of back pain after about 15 minutes. However, I can ride a motorcycle all day and all night (WooHoo!!) without any back pain (and like anyone else, I'm limited by my posterior - it gives out first). My physician applied to the State of Washington and I received Handicapped Status and a plastic card in 2000, but I've had 2 stolen off my motorcycle because I refuse to commit 1st degree ugliness and tape it on someplace.

My best solution to date is that I've made an illegal copy that I hang on my handlebars, imprinted with a note to law enforcement:
    "To any Law Enforcement Officer: I have an original handicapped card and placard but they are in my possession to prevent theft. Since I always watch this motorcycle, I will be there in a minute at most. Thank you for your patience."

And in some cities, I've even had the paper copy stolen... and my happy days of running down thieves are long past. Besides, thieves seem faster on their feet than they used to be (or is this only my perception?)

Why not just get a permanent handicap motorcycle plate and stop all that nonsense?
    2015 BMW S1000R - The DD
    2014 Toyota Taco - The "guess its raining today"
    2013 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster - SOLD
    2006 Pontiac GTO - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by therideistheway View Post

Depending on state, you can have handicapped license plate, California even has them for motorcycles

State Park Stickers

I am from Illinois we pay a $2 fee that is added to the license plate cost, out of state people get to use our parks for free.