• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300S Motorsport GPS mounting?

kenthudgens

Just purchased a 2015 K1300S Motorsport edition bike. Looking to transfer my BMW Navigator Street, previously mounted on my 2012 R1200GS, but a) this bike doesn't appear to have an aux power receptacle, and b) mounting hardware might be problematic given stock handlebars.

Anybody have experience, suggestions, photos that would be helpful?

yup, i did what lee did.

except...raam mounts makes the balls that screw right into that same location for a fraction of the exorbitant verboten price.....

yup, i did what lee did.

except...raam mounts makes the balls that screw right into that same location for a fraction of the exorbitant verboten price.....

You're right it's not cheap. I lucked out and found one used.

Before the Verholen Ball I used half of a Ram handle bar clamp attached to the lower half the the OEM BMW bar clamp.
I had to buy longer screws.

Trip3.jpg

Trip6 - Copy.jpg

Hi, just bought a mount for the handlebar that works with RAM mount, it's pretty slick and works like a charm!
f95d7230a064826fecf54a85b93549dd.jpg
f2807450543dfb40c0214e7c5997c704.jpg
b4a416908c0d5529964039b7a185ff7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2A2B13A4-765B-4A28-A7E1-02882645F19D.jpeg

Here is mine. SW Motech locking ring tank bag and GPS case/hood. I used marine connectors to power the GPS and a USB dongle inside the tank bag. After a ride, I undo the two marine clip connectors, pull a cord on the tank bag and walk away. Doesn’t block any gauges and is protected from the wind when riding. So far......works well.

The K1300S is so fast that no GPS unit can keep up with its forward progress. Stick with paper maps or only use GPS when you're stopped to fuel up and there are no locals around to tell you what time zone you've just traversed. :)

Back