• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 R1200GS What is the best replacement seat?

I have a Seat Concepts on my 09 GSA and really like it. My sargent sits on a shelf now.

I have black vinyl. I wouldn't get a gripper. Or at least not on the top. It is great on an dirt bike or a dual sport that is ridden offroad a lot, but I've found it grabs your clothes and causes them to bunch up, creating uncomfortable spots (chaffing, monkey butt...). If only on the sides it might help with standing/offroad, but still leave you comfortable when sitting and not squeezing the seat a lot.

I have a Seat Concepts on my 09 GSA and really like it. My sargent sits on a shelf now.

I have black vinyl. I wouldn't get a gripper. Or at least not on the top. It is great on an dirt bike or a dual sport that is ridden offroad a lot, but I've found it grabs your clothes and causes them to bunch up, creating uncomfortable spots (chaffing, monkey butt...). If only on the sides it might help with standing/offroad, but still leave you comfortable when sitting and not squeezing the seat a lot.

Thanks for your input Woodbutcher! I do 99.9% street riding with very little off road. So by judging the photo's at Seat Concepts, the Gripper looked pretty rough and I assumed it would not be a good choice for street riding.

Dave

have had mine for over a year now and cant complian about it. 18000 miles now and have not had a sore rear end. they have a lot of cover options to chose from.......JD

have had mine for over a year now and cant complian about it. 18000 miles now and have not had a sore rear end. they have a lot of cover options to chose from.......JD

Thanks jd for your input! I think I'll get one after the holidays and make it my winter project.

Thanks,
Dave

Back