• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Summer Rants & Pet Peeves

Okay, I have to give a HD guy some credit. A guy in a pickup truck - with Harley stickers on the rear window and a Harley front plate - stopped to see if I needed any help. I thought that was a nice thing to do. :thumb

Just because he had HD stickers and a HD front plate, doesn't mean he even has a bike. :) He probably just wants to be like the rest of the sheep.

Okay, I have to give a HD guy some credit. I like to take photographs of abandoned buildings. The other day I found an old abandoned farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere so I pulled off the road to take a few pictures. A guy in a pickup truck - with Harley stickers on the rear window and a Harley front plate - stopped to see if I needed any help. I thought that was a nice thing to do. :thumb

In the early 90s Debbie and I were returning from a late October trip from Arizona. It was raining and in the mid 30s when we stopped on the interstate shoulder to check my map for the best way around or through Ft Worth. A lady in a car pulled over in front of us, explained she was a Harley rider and told us to follow her home and spend the night.
I explained the forecast we had watched that morning said the weather would be clear north of Dallas and thanked her several times for her hospitality but thought we would be OK.
It was just last week when Debbie mentioned the Harley rider who had never met us and was willing to put us up for the day to get us out of the nasty weather.
There's good people out there, no matter what they ride.

Back