Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rally Location

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    You know damn well my opinion of Bloomsburg. I've posted it before. The temperatures were brutal but only part of the problem. The real issue is that the facility was old, tired, insufficient, and had never hosted a group like us. Not one single building we had access to had air conditioning in triple digit temperatures. I don't blame the weather. Sedalia was almost as hot, as was Spokane but both had many air conditioned buildings for seminars, displays, and refuge. I blame whoever chose that obsolete decrepit fairgrounds, and the duplicitous management of the facility that failed to keep promises made when the site was chosen. I repeat: more than 300 ambulance runs in 3 days is a medical disaster, even in a small town in Pennsylvania.
    Peace, Mr. Glaves. Peace.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    ... Here's the survey.... ]
    ... and here's the rally location map. East coast is 2020. "South" isn't guaranteed.
    "Have BMW. Will Travel"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CABNFVR View Post
    ... and here's the rally location map. East coast is 2020. "South" isn't guaranteed.
    Everything south of TN/NC will be ignored.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Because of Paul's incessant lobbying we at least know that in 2019 we will be in Fargo. The wrap-up show will be "Svein and His Talking Woodchippers".
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Because of Paul's incessant lobbying we at least know that in 2019 we will be in Fargo. The wrap-up show will be "Svein and His Talking Woodchippers".
    Yeah, but the Fricasee will be great, don'tcha know. And you can get a Tru-Coat treatment on your BMW. And pancakes...

DG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5NspwaVgk
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 R100GS "Bee"-- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Yeah, but the Fricasee will be great, don'tcha know. And you can get a Tru-Coat treatment on your BMW. And pancakes...

DG

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MY5NspwaVgk
    Get the best.......ZEBART......

Oh, and don't forget the STP, it's the racer's edge.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Let's hear it for Zone 5, Canada!
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Let's hear it for Zone 5, Canada!
    I would like that choice. The only issue is the vendors. On a per capita basis, ON and BC are top producers of MOA members.

Some would find something to bitch about.
    Tim C
    2016 K1600GTL
    Matte Ocean Blue

Last week was the Bloomsburg Fair, and through most of it the temperature was in the 90's. From what I read online they are use to chilly wet weather in September but not hot humid weather during fair week. The complaint was lack of shade and the air conditioning in the buildings could not keep up. I guess they sat up cooling stations and were handing out water. The article sure brought back some memories. But like what was already mentioned the weather is a crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by z3guy View Post
    But like what was already mentioned the weather is a crap shoot.
    Only in terms of weather events like rain and storms. When the event is held in July you are up against heat anywhere you go, unless you can find some elevation. According to earlier posts, the members have been polled and expressed a preference for June, so it looks like Tradition, with a capital T, is controlling the event. Utah in June would have been much more pleasant, doubly so in a venue away from the heart of the state's largest city.

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 R100GS "Bee"-- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Well don't come to Calgary on the 2nd of October - today is rather unpleasant for riding or camping by motorcycle.

IMG_4905.jpg
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Snow

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Well don't come to Calgary on the 2nd of October - today is rather unpleasant for riding or camping by motorcycle.

IMG_4905.jpg
    The flowers look like they were really nice a couple of days ago

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Will they be playing their Glockenspiels?

Quote Originally Posted by z3guy View Post
    Last week was the Bloomsburg Fair, and through most of it the temperature was in the 90's. From what I read online they are use to chilly wet weather in September but not hot humid weather during fair week. The complaint was lack of shade and the air conditioning in the buildings could not keep up. I guess they sat up cooling stations and were handing out water. The article sure brought back some memories. But like what was already mentioned the weather is a crap shoot.
    The following weekend was in the 60's....