Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Trying on for size

  1. #1
    Registered User smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Posts
    4

    Trying on for size

    Just a quick intro.
    Been on two wheels since 1969. Retired from the military on 1Nov 1996 after 26 years (USN & USCG) Retired from truck driving 15 Jan of this year. My bride and I have been married since June 1973.
    Picked up a gently used 98 R1100RT in May. Only 47K on the clock. Sold my 1970 FLH a week later. (Had it for 36 years)
    I'm trying out the 3 month period. Normally not a joiner, except for being a charter life member of the AMA.

  2. #2
    Registered User mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    alexandria, va
    Posts
    168
    welcome! should put your location in your profile.

    ex-USCG? what did you do? I am still active in USCG...36yrs and counting.
    Marshall
    92 K75s
    94 K75s
    09 K1300s

  3. #3
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    18,206
    Welcome to the forum and the MOA!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  4. #4
    Registered User smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    welcome! should put your location in your profile.

    ex-USCG? what did you do? I am still active in USCG...36yrs and counting.
    BMC, got caught in the high tenure fiasco. Did mainly Aton, everything from WLIC, WLR, Ant teams, & Light House Keeper. Sometimes OinC, XPO, or 1st Lt. Enjoyed every job.

  5. #5
    Registered User mlytle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    alexandria, va
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg View Post
    BMC, got caught in the high tenure fiasco. Did mainly Aton, everything from WLIC, WLR, Ant teams, & Light House Keeper. Sometimes OinC, XPO, or 1st Lt. Enjoyed every job.
    any D7 time? most of the 80's/90's i was in Miami. managed some ATON units and spent some time working aids on the HUDSON.

    agree, have loved every assignment.
    Marshall
    92 K75s
    94 K75s
    09 K1300s

  6. #6
    Registered User smeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
    any D7 time? most of the 80's/90's i was in Miami. managed some ATON units and spent some time working aids on the HUDSON.

    agree, have loved every assignment.
    1st Lt on Vise from 78 to 81 BMCM Miller/BMCM martin
    XPO on Hammer (Ft. Pierce) from 81 to 84 BMCM Griffin/ BMCS Rothermel

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •