Thread: New Member, New Bike

New Member, New Bike

Hi all,
    I am a long time rider, owning many different motorcycles. It's been a dream to own a BMW. Now after many years, I finally made it happen. I'm picking up the bike in about 10 days from Bob's BMW in Jessup, Maryland. It's about an 86 mile ride from my home in Frederica, Delaware.

20170722_125350.jpg

Welcome to the forum. If you are picking up yours in 10 days, whose bike are you sitting on? Is it the test ride that hooked you?

Quote Originally Posted by r9t_vincent View Post
    Hi all,
    I am a long time rider, owning many different motorcycles. It's been a dream to own a BMW. Now after many years, I finally made it happen. I'm picking up the bike in about 10 days from Bob's BMW in Jessup, Maryland. It's about an 86 mile ride from my home in Frederica, Delaware.
    Ride the wheels off that nineT Vincent and Welcome to the MOA!

Bill
    Bill Wiegand,
    BMW MOA Life Member
    BMW Owners News Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by r9t_vincent View Post
    ... It's been a dream to own a BMW. Now after many years, I finally made it happen. I'm picking up the bike in about 10 days from Bob's....
    Congrats !! You picked a fun bike and a great dealer. Post some pics when you get her home.
    "Have BMW. Will Travel"

Well, it's mine but ....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Welcome to the forum. If you are picking up yours in 10 days, whose bike are you sitting on? Is it the test ride that hooked you?

I wanted to have some accessories installed. Specifically, an oil cooler screen, some knee pads for the tank, some cylinder head protectors and a shoe for the kick stand. They had to order the screen, so that's what the wait is all about. Also, I had put down a deposit on that Friday, visited on Saturday and sent the final check on Monday, so technically it wasn't fully paid for when the picture was taken. As far as what hooked me, I always had wanted a BMW, so I had been hooked 30 years ago. Could never afford one until now. My wife was so great. She said, "Get it, you need a hobby!"