• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New to BMW

dshader

dshader
Hi all,
I sold my 2012 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra just before Memorial Day weekend and swore off motorcycles forever. I was bored and couldn't find anything interesting about anything related to motorcycles. It was too hot to ride in the summer months (since I live in Mesa, AZ), and I just couldn't even be comfortable on the bike and besides, I figured that at age 65, I'm too old to ride anyway.
Two days later, I bought a 2013 K1600GTL with 11k miles on it. Even after the test drive, I wasn't all that excited about it. That gigantic gas tank sticking up there in my face and I just knew it was going to be too top heavy for me, and besides, what was I even doing test driving a used motorcycle. But something just made me want to buy it. Maybe it was the reasonable price tag, the allure of owning such a prestigious motorcycle such as a BMW, or maybe it was the fact that I've been on motorcycles since I was too young to have a driver's license. I just had to have it.
BEST motorcycle buying decision of my life! God I love this motorcycle. Even here in the heat of the summer, I get up before daylight on Saturday mornings and head for the high country. I don't go far but when I return, I have a smile on my face that just won't quit.
The quality, the features, and the attention the bike gets when I stop at places makes for a good feeling and appreciation for owning such a marvelous machine on two wheels. Not to mention the power this thing has.
I'm looking forward to my future as a BMW owner and I'm even more excited to find this organization to belong too.
See you soon out there somewhere.

Don Shader
Mesa, AZ

Welcome, Don.

That's a big change from a Harley, so you're lucky that you hit it off with the K16 right away.

And 65 isn't too old to ride; it all depends on fitness.

Last edited:
Back