Thread: New to BMW

dshader

New to BMW

Hi all,
    I sold my 2012 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Ultra just before Memorial Day weekend and swore off motorcycles forever. I was bored and couldn't find anything interesting about anything related to motorcycles. It was too hot to ride in the summer months (since I live in Mesa, AZ), and I just couldn't even be comfortable on the bike and besides, I figured that at age 65, I'm too old to ride anyway.
    Two days later, I bought a 2013 K1600GTL with 11k miles on it. Even after the test drive, I wasn't all that excited about it. That gigantic gas tank sticking up there in my face and I just knew it was going to be too top heavy for me, and besides, what was I even doing test driving a used motorcycle. But something just made me want to buy it. Maybe it was the reasonable price tag, the allure of owning such a prestigious motorcycle such as a BMW, or maybe it was the fact that I've been on motorcycles since I was too young to have a driver's license. I just had to have it.
    BEST motorcycle buying decision of my life! God I love this motorcycle. Even here in the heat of the summer, I get up before daylight on Saturday mornings and head for the high country. I don't go far but when I return, I have a smile on my face that just won't quit.
    The quality, the features, and the attention the bike gets when I stop at places makes for a good feeling and appreciation for owning such a marvelous machine on two wheels. Not to mention the power this thing has.
    I'm looking forward to my future as a BMW owner and I'm even more excited to find this organization to belong too.
    See you soon out there somewhere.

Don Shader
    Mesa, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by dshader View Post
    I'm looking forward to my future as a BMW owner and I'm even more excited to find this organization to belong too.
    See you soon out there somewhere.
    Don Shader
    Mesa, AZ

Welcome Don,

It's great to have you here!

Bill
    Bill Wiegand,
    BMW MOA Life Member
    BMW Owners News Managing Editor

Welcome to the MOA and BMW Don.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Welcome, Don.

That's a big change from a Harley, so you're lucky that you hit it off with the K16 right away.

And 65 isn't too old to ride; it all depends on fitness.
    Last edited by Rinty; 08-02-2017 at 02:59 AM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Welcome to the forum. You have 20 years of riding left in you.

Welcome, I'm also spoiled rottin with f700gs, best bike that I ever had. I'm also 65.