• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cyclops H7 Installation 09 RT

willhawks

Hi folks,

Yes, the slow learner is back. It seems the best way to install the new bulb is to remove the entire headlight assembly. Can someone send pictures to show me how this is done? I have had the 1100Rt's apart more times than I would like to remember but my present bike is an 09 so it is all new to me. Many thanks to the brotherhood.

3hawks

HERE is the thread I used.
It really is a pretty simple procedure. You can ignore the windscreen arm removal steps.
I removed mine as the sockets were brittle and crumbling. I ordered new H7 ceramic sockets and replaced all three of mine.

Amazon.
Here is one link, although back when purchased them, I bought them separately.

Thanks! And trying to not to hijack the thread, but it looks like I need to remove the headlight assembly on my '09 RT also. During my recent bulb replacement ordeal I managed to drop one bulb down into the assembly. While trying to refit the connectors onto the bulbs they crumbled/self-destructed (likely in shame).

Headlight assembly removal is retaively easy! Stuffing around with my light assembly (one/off/on/off/on) this week has me doing it in minutes. I an old retired mechanic though with a mirad of sockets and fittings. !2 minutes flat!

Is that 12 minutes off or off/back on? One is impressive and the other unbelievable.

Am away at Gloucerter NSW with friends but had it off and on so many times during the week that from memory it goes like this!!!

An Allen head for the windscreen 6 screws, 2 easy to remove circlips for screen alloy supports, star hex screw bits across the top of dash are, side 2 each fairing under front, (mine with a horn hanging off each side) a rear fairing screw and lower dash fork side screw. Dash cover 4 screws and then the bigger 4 star hex screws that allow for the front fairing and headlight assembly to come off, noting hand down inside to unplug aerial and the main headlight assembly plug. Last and tricky earth strap to the fairing.

I was scared at first but youtube and this forum assisted. With the right fiddly tools on hand a very easy job! And that was 12 mins "eachway, Jose`"

Lol Aussie Bob!

Does the 2013 RT HLight assembly come off the same way as the 09 ?

I could not say, however I expect it would be close, have a star head screw set, small ratchet and adapters to carry star sockets where needed and go for it no fear!' oh don't forget YouTube!

Does the 2013 RT HLight assembly come off the same way as the 09 ?

never had the opportunity to take a 09RT headlight assy off, but the 13RT is pretty easy....took me about 30 mint to remove, install the the three Cyclops LED lights and replace the assy....i have had lots of practice though in replacing the standard head light bulbs....LOL

Back