• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RIP Dean Graham

lmo1131

Passing this along...

Tragic loss of life this weekend of the head mechanic at BlueMoon Cycles in Atlanta. Woman came into his lane and hit him head on. Died at the scene.

From their Facebook page...

RIP Dean Graham, Blue Moon Cycle Friend & Family Member.

The world suffered a tragic loss yesterday. Dean Graham was killed when a motorist left their lane of travel and struck Dean head-on.

Many of you know Dean as Lead Mechanic & Motoring Magician at Blue Moon Cycle...or perhaps from other Motoring Magician roles in the area over the years. He was a wizard when it came to giving a bike rider the perfectly tuned machine to fulfill their dreams and adventures on the road that lay ahead. He could take an old, tired bike and bring it back to its glory days, ready to honor the bike and the proud owner with many joyous days of riding the back roads and highways.

But Dean was so much more. A man who loved his family and a true renaissance man with many interests. A generous man who was always willing to share his time and knowledge. He was as excited to talk about the latest chickens ("girls") or organic veggies he and Catherine were raising as a rare vintage barn find motorcycle he was restoring. When Dean brought in eggs from the "girls" he could tell us...proudly...which "girl" had laid each egg based on the color and size. It should come as no surprise to those that knew him well that he was also a "Jeopardy" guru and "Antique Roadshows" aficionado.

Dean shared a memory with us in early 2016. This is an excerpt from a Blue Moon newsletter: Dean's love affair with motorcycles began at age 6. "My mom and I came around the corner and in front of my house I saw a motorcycle being unloaded from a truck. I quickly realized it was my dad unloading the motorcycle and I LOST MY MIND". Dean's father and this Honda Trail 90 launched a motorcycle love affair and skilled tech career that spanned 30 years. Always resourceful, as a child Dean often got "sideways" with his mom for using her kitchen utensils to tear down, repair or rebuild motorcycles. When reflecting on his career, Dean said "being the lead mechanic at a motorcycle shop and museum is like being a kid in a candy store."

Our comfort and prayers go out to Dean's wife, Catherine, Catherine Pfeffer and his family.

Passing this along...

Tragic loss of life this weekend of the head mechanic at BlueMoon Cycles in Atlanta. Woman came into his lane and hit him head on. Died at the scene.

From their Facebook page...

RIP Dean Graham, Blue Moon Cycle Friend & Family Member.

The world suffered a tragic loss yesterday. Dean Graham was killed when a motorist left their lane of travel and struck Dean head-on.

Many of you know Dean as Lead Mechanic & Motoring Magician at Blue Moon Cycle...or perhaps from other Motoring Magician roles in the area over the years. He was a wizard when it came to giving a bike rider the perfectly tuned machine to fulfill their dreams and adventures on the road that lay ahead. He could take an old, tired bike and bring it back to its glory days, ready to honor the bike and the proud owner with many joyous days of riding the back roads and highways.

But Dean was so much more. A man who loved his family and a true renaissance man with many interests. A generous man who was always willing to share his time and knowledge. He was as excited to talk about the latest chickens ("girls") or organic veggies he and Catherine were raising as a rare vintage barn find motorcycle he was restoring. When Dean brought in eggs from the "girls" he could tell us...proudly...which "girl" had laid each egg based on the color and size. It should come as no surprise to those that knew him well that he was also a "Jeopardy" guru and "Antique Roadshows" aficionado.

Dean shared a memory with us in early 2016. This is an excerpt from a Blue Moon newsletter: Dean's love affair with motorcycles began at age 6. "My mom and I came around the corner and in front of my house I saw a motorcycle being unloaded from a truck. I quickly realized it was my dad unloading the motorcycle and I LOST MY MIND". Dean's father and this Honda Trail 90 launched a motorcycle love affair and skilled tech career that spanned 30 years. Always resourceful, as a child Dean often got "sideways" with his mom for using her kitchen utensils to tear down, repair or rebuild motorcycles. When reflecting on his career, Dean said "being the lead mechanic at a motorcycle shop and museum is like being a kid in a candy store."

Our comfort and prayers go out to Dean's wife, Catherine, Catherine Pfeffer and his family.

Such a tragedy.

Riding into work this morning, a young girl almost did the same to me. She was in my lane coming around a turn, eyes clearly down looking at, gee, maybe her phone????

I had to quickly move to the shoulder and her left front headlight missed my left leg by what seemed millimeters.

It can all end so very quickly.

RIP Dean.

Godspeed Dean. Good thoughts to his family and friends.

Hopefully they will pull the cellphone records and if the motorist was impaired, and or texting, they will file appropriate charges.

Maybe someday folks will get the message. I am sure the other person did not get up intending to take a life, but it still happened. Driving is serious business and you can easily take a life including your own.

Then you get to live with that knowledge.

Rod

Very sorry to hear about this.

My condolences to his family and friends.

A few weeks ago I almost had the same collision, a woman in an SUV going the wrong way around a roundabout. Fortunately there was enough space for me to just get past her on the outside. A block down the road I pulled over for a moment to get my heart rate back to normal...........Rod.

Back