Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A slight rant.....

A slight rant.....

If allowed?..........

So I go to the doc yesterday, tune-up , oil change I'm fine .

The new nurse walks me back, notices my hat, [BMW logo] and asks is that cars or motorcycles? me..Motorcycles......her.....oh man I'll take my HD anytime, the roar of that big v-twin, those [pointing at my hat] are too light in a crosswind , on & on about how her HD was superior to my BMW . You get the picture I'm sure?

So I politely & briefly explain my background, & the fact that I am approaching a million miles on a motorcycle in 50+ years...but thanked her for educating me on the ins & outs of motorcycles.....I mean after all, she does have 5 years in the saddle and other than putting it on & off the trailer she does her own riding.

Now!.....I don't bash, so I won't but.....That attitude is like nails on a chalkboard too me....and I must admit a small factor in my decision to avoid that crowd , and shy away from that brand..............
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    If allowed?..........

The new nurse walks me back, notices my hat, [BMW logo] and asks is that cars or motorcycles? me..Motorcycles......her.....oh man I'll take my HD anytime, the roar of that big v-twin, those [pointing at my hat] are too light in a crosswind , on & on about how her HD was superior to my BMW . You get the picture I'm sure?

So I politely & briefly explain my background, & the fact that I am approaching a million miles on a motorcycle in 50+ years...but thanked her for educating me on the ins & outs of motorcycles.....I mean after all, she does have 5 years in the saddle and other than putting it on & off the trailer she does her own riding.

Now!.....I don't bash, so I won't but.....That attitude is like nails on a chalkboard too me....and I must admit a small factor in my decision to avoid that crowd , and shy away from that brand..............
    I love my Harley XR1200- loud quick unique
    I love my Triumph Thunderbird sport: classic, head-turner naked, just "motorcycle"
    I love my R1200RT Comfy, full featured, precise,

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    I love my Harley XR1200- loud quick unique
    I love my Triumph Thunderbird sport: classic, head-turner naked, just "motorcycle"
    I love my R1200RT Comfy, full featured, precise,

I too like Sportsters...my first M/C was a 59 [bought in 65] I also like "naked" motorcycles.....that's why I have never owned an RT....but I'm sure they are sweet
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

I agree Ron. The important thing is that you seem to know that trying to change their opinions is a fool's errand.
    Last edited by akbeemer; 07-26-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I too like Sportsters...my first M/C was a 59 [bought in 65] I also like "naked" motorcycles.....that's why I have never owned an RT....but I'm sure they are sweet
    I had a Honda F6B before the RT. That was also amazing. First thing I noticed with the RT was how much more I was buffetted in high winds...(What is it? like almost 300lbs lighter!!) I didn't start riding till my late 50's (MY late fifties, not THE late fifties) so I guess I'm trying to make up for many years of not riding, so far the RT is a keeper though. The Harley is new for me too- I really thought I'd never get one, but I am pleasantly suprised- took it up through the Adirondacks for two days and had a blast. But, in keeping with the topic, I too wouldn't argue my choices in motorcycles. I'm thinking that "[brand name] is the best bike and better than yours" is a pointless argument.

If allowed?..........

My favorite comeback, except she's a girl, "you know what they say, the louder the pipes, the smaller the organ".

She's a fool because she's rude and ignorant. Never, ever diss another person's choice in machinery. Variety is what makes the world go round.

Why would her opinion really matter to you? You like what you are riding, so... be happy!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Pat her on the head and say thank you......
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    Why would her opinion really matter to you? You like what you are riding, so... be happy!

Not sure who you are responding too?....If me?...where did I say her opinion mattered? I only indicated that her attitude annoyed me.
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Pat her on the head and say thank you......
    Essentially what I did....
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Run if she gets the glove and the jelly out

If allowed?..........

I feel your pain. I would have politely told her to "shut the f..k up cause you don't know what the hell your talking about!!". But your a gentleman and I would do it just to see the expression on her stupid face.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    I feel your pain. I would have politely told her to "shut the f..k up cause you don't know what the hell your talking about!!". But your a gentleman and I would do it just to see the expression on her stupid face.

.........but I was in the doctors office....so I felt I needed to behave....
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

.........but I was in the doctors office....so I felt I needed to behave....
    There is something about a doctors office that is a little demeaning, especially if you don't have on many clothes.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Essentially what I did....
    As my HS Trig teacher said.........."Only a fool argues with ------- and children"

It was an earlier day.....
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks