• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Left over parts

1994 R1100RS I replaced cam chain tensioner, Hall effect sensors, and flushed brake systems and I have two bolts leftover any ideas IMG_1316.jpgIMG_1315.jpg

Pretty sure those are not parts I would have removed doing those jobs, but we might not do things the same way. What size? Something like M8x25? What size head?

On the plate for alternator belt tensioning, there are 3 bolts and a nut, did you replace all the bolts or just one?

I am thinking it is in the area when you changed the HES and dealt with the belt and it's adjustment. Did you lift the assy from the front or did you access the lift mechanism from the back.

The alternator mounting itself has two M8x20 bolts. I didn't think you'd have taken those out, though. I can't see doing that unless you removed the alternator completely for some reason.

The alternator mounting itself has two M8x20 bolts. I didn't think you'd have taken those out, though. I can't see doing that unless you removed the alternator completely for some reason.

13 mm head 3/4 inch long = M8 x20 will look for alternator mount all seems right but
Thanks fo help

Two more questions:

Did you have an "assistant"??

Would that "assistant" have a mischevious streak??

I would assume if two bolts out of alternator mount it would be loose I have put at least a thousand miles on bike after doing the work would tank have to be off to see these bolts

Thanks for all suggestions

Thinking back after hes was unplugged and removed from front of bike the plug would not slide under some wires and stuff and I may have taken bolts out of Motronic control unit mount or abs mount hind sight tells me I could have cut the plug off and pulled the wire out has it was being sent out to be rewired. I will put the plastic cover over alternator belt and the side panels back on and ride until I get test thing to set timing (I did not mark very well) have a empty gas tank it's full now remove tank and do more investigation
Thanks again and next time on something new as I take stuff apart will do more documentation ( any would be more)

Back