Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Allright...I'm gonna go there: underpants

Quote Originally Posted by cseltz View Post
    I have to confess that I have not read the entire thread and I apologize if this has already been covered but at my age, Depends provides the best comfort and has the added advantage of extended miles between rest stops.
    You're just thinking like an astronaut
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cseltz View Post
    I have to confess that I have not read the entire thread and I apologize if this has already been covered but at my age, Depends provides the best comfort and has the added advantage of extended miles between rest stops.
    The Gnomes are really going to be bummed after reading that

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    Offensive that be by. My moms wores a skirt and she tells us penis hanging folk that she is da boss.

My moms smacks us cause we got the penis, you see. Truly proud she is to remind us aboot God's great joke. Dumb like a sack of hammers we by be.

Tooks long time to unnerstand what moms was tellin us bys.

Moms was right, we gots a penis. It aint the smartest, you see.

Last time moms had the temper, twasn't my fault, you see. My dah wanted to shoots the pool wid the bys. Dah likes his home made, you know. Dah and us bys had the chores. Chores didn't get done you see.

Moms had to lift her skirt a bit to kick some dumb Scottish by butt, you see.

I don't wear the skirt, you see. Takes a real set to wear the skirt. Moms had a real set. Pretty much sum up that she had all of us bys. Lent me my pair couple times.
    OK, so you go and drop the "Mom" bomb? There's nothing to do after a guy drops his dear beloved Mother into the story.........
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by poodad View Post
    [1] Sorry ladies, but Goldbond isn't for you. It is talc based, and talc is known to cause cancer in lady bits.
    Alleged by trial lawyers out for a quick buck. I seriously doubt there is any scientific evidence to back up this claim.
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    OK, so you go and drop the "Mom" bomb? There's nothing to do after a guy drops his dear beloved Mother into the story.........
    Ya jus don't mess with the Moms, even the dearly departed.

Me thinking a bit that 36654 gots a little Scot or good Canadian in the heritage?

Not a damn thing works better than talc for svetsy baytsy. A little spritz on the baytsums makes them stay un-stuck.

Yeah mon, I'm a good Scots with some good Jewish friends punctuated by good Canadian boy.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case, my baby, fast, fun)
    3xR90/6, two just sold, one for a sidecar. 1983 K100RS (Cafe now)
    Very Rough R80RT. 1987 K1100RS (freaking hooped I think)

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    Ya jus don't mess with the Moms, even the dearly departed.

Me thinking a bit that 36654 gots a little Scot or good Canadian in the heritage?

Not a damn thing works better than talc for svetsy baytsy. A little spritz on the baytsums makes them stay un-stuck.

Yeah mon, I'm a good Scots with some good Jewish friends punctuated by good Canadian boy.
    The affluent side of my family disowned us generations ago and went to Toronto to start a department store. Whenever my folks visited the land to the north, we made a point of shopping at Hudson Bay.

Talc in the skivvies is good. Talc with corn starch, not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    The affluent side of my family disowned us generations ago and went to Toronto to start a department store. Whenever my folks visited the land to the north, we made a point of shopping at Hudson Bay.

Talc in the skivvies is good. Talc with corn starch, not so good.
    I knew it. Bluster all you want, deep down those damn Canuck roots just gots you. Pretend all you want to be Yankee, I luvs yooze man!

To get this thread back on track and pass by the new found bro-love between 36654 and me, if you are going to sit your butt on vinyl/pleather/plastic for longer than a few hours, cotton and wool blends.

At times I have operational deficiencies and we load trucks every 7 minutes. That's 35 cubic yards per truck with a 5 yard bucket. We do that from 4:30 AM until 7:00 PM. Do the math....................When I need to cover, in my locker are a set of cotton/wool boxers and a can of talc. I change my socks to only wool and my feet will kill a cat when I take my boots off but I've only seen dogs pass out.

My routine is good 12 months of the year, from hot/sweaty/nasty to freekazoid cold.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case, my baby, fast, fun)
    3xR90/6, two just sold, one for a sidecar. 1983 K100RS (Cafe now)
    Very Rough R80RT. 1987 K1100RS (freaking hooped I think)

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    I own LD Comfort shorts. I find them way too hot in hot weather. I find they are itchy feeling. They do have a most excellent design for the front "flap"! They claim not to be compression fit and that compression fit is not good. For me, I have found the single layer compression fit nylon/spandex type shorts to be far superior on high mile days. I got a really good surprise when I tried these: AERO TECH. These are compression fit single layer with no seams where your legs touch the seat. Plenty long in the legs. These have NO padding and NO extra layers in the seating to irritate you. Sometimes I wear a pair of lightweight nylon fishing shorts that dry quickly under my riding pants. I can take off my riding pants and look ok going into a store. With the Aero Tech, they look like shorts anyway and one less layer dries quickly in rain and is more comfortable in the saddle. I wear Motoport mesh gear and put anything I don't want wet into the tank bag and just ride in the rain when temps are warm. More comfy than putting on rain gear and the Aero Tech dries right out.

No fly = No go for me!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    Alleged by trial lawyers out for a quick buck. I seriously doubt there is any scientific evidence to back up this claim.
    Well, like almost everything cancer related, the results of tests are inconclusive. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...nd-cancer.html

However, most women (at least the ones in my family) avoid anything talc on the general idea that if some studies suggest a link, then why risk it, since talc certainly isn't something you can't live without.

Not to mention that since the female nether region contains skin that is considerably more sensitive than the male jangly bits, I'd imagine that putting Goldbond "down there" would be a less than pleasant experience for a female. I could be wrong, but I'm certainly not going to suggest my wife try it.

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    No fly = No go for me!
    You can go, it's just messy.....

Grampa Tumbleweed

underpants

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Yeah. I don't think I've seen any discussion thereof. I wonder what other riders prefer in the way of underpants for riding. fabric, style (boxer, brief, etc- not designer vs name brand!) As the seats on all three of my bikes tend to push me a little forward, I find occasional pressure on the boys. also sometimes digging in at the top of the legs. I also wonder if any fabrics are better at preventing monkeybutt. I've found that my close fitting poly-type boxers (not loose but formfitting) are the worse. but I haven't come up with the ideal type. while standing up on the pegs and bouncing will "re-set" my outer pants, it won't help with the underpants.

Well there, I did it! (Not without a little embarrassment )
    I've been very happy with Wickers boxers under Nylon Trousers (not blue jeans!) under a 'Stich Darien.

Quote Originally Posted by 7536 View Post
    I've been very happy with Wickers boxers under Nylon Trousers (not blue jeans!) under a 'Stich Darien.
    Plus 1 on the wicking underwear (no boxers) with the performance pants and the aerostich Darien riding pants, with this combo I have no problems with heat or rain add long johns when cold.

I'm gonna try a pair of Skeevez as my concern is sorebutt as much or even more than as hotwetcrotch. I'll report back in a few days.