Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Allright...I'm gonna go there: underpants

Allright...I'm gonna go there: underpants

Yeah. I don't think I've seen any discussion thereof. I wonder what other riders prefer in the way of underpants for riding. fabric, style (boxer, brief, etc- not designer vs name brand!) As the seats on all three of my bikes tend to push me a little forward, I find occasional pressure on the boys. also sometimes digging in at the top of the legs. I also wonder if any fabrics are better at preventing monkeybutt. I've found that my close fitting poly-type boxers (not loose but formfitting) are the worse. but I haven't come up with the ideal type. while standing up on the pegs and bouncing will "re-set" my outer pants, it won't help with the underpants.

Well there, I did it! (Not without a little embarrassment )

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Some seem to like the LD Comfort, some bicycle shorts and some Ex-Officio to keep their bottoms comfy.
    A bit of searching should show you how it's done.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    Yeah. I don't think I've seen any discussion thereof. I wonder what other riders prefer in the way of underpants for riding. fabric, style (boxer, brief, etc- not designer vs name brand!) As the seats on all three of my bikes tend to push me a little forward, I find occasional pressure on the boys. also sometimes digging in at the top of the legs. I also wonder if any fabrics are better at preventing monkeybutt. I've found that my close fitting poly-type boxers (not loose but formfitting) are the worse. but I haven't come up with the ideal type. while standing up on the pegs and bouncing will "re-set" my outer pants, it won't help with the underpants.

Well there, I did it! (Not without a little embarrassment )
    Which bikes and seats? When a seat is too soft, I'm not a fan.
    Last edited by 36654; 07-25-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Smile

Many choices / many opinions. Here's one from my personal vault of touring tips:

Tried the LD products - held "the boys" in a vise - also covered to much area and got warm - fast. Didn't like them.

Have used these for years - not just for riding, either - very comfy, and yet 'supportive.' You can also rinse them at the end of the day, clothespin them to the curtains over the air conditioner during the night, and good to go the next day.

Only negative is the price, but I've yet to wear a pair out!

https://www.amazon.com/Exofficio-GNG...nderwear+nylon
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF Lead RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle/High Performance/Teen/Winter/ATV Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Track

Quote Originally Posted by greenwald View Post
    Many choices / many opinions. Here's one from my personal vault of touring tips:

Tried the LD products - held "the boys" in a vise - also covered to much area and got warm - fast. Didn't like them.

Have used these for years - not just for riding, either - very comfy, and yet 'supportive.' You can also rinse them at the end of the day, clothespin them to the curtains over the air conditioner during the night, and good to go the next day.

Only negative is the price, but I've yet to wear a pair out!

https://www.amazon.com/Exofficio-GNG...nderwear+nylon
    I can support the Exofficio brand...................
    jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

I usually wear Under Armour. The ones that look like bicycle shorts, but without the pad.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Tidy any color but white

Duluth Trading Buck Naked any of the types or ExOfficio watch for the sales

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Which bikes and seats? When a seat is too soft, I'm not fan.
    I have a 2004 Triumph Thunderbird sport - i usually ride with the "solo" seat- fairly firm. My Harley XR1200 is surprisingly comfy but with that foreward tilt- don't know if I'd call the OEM seat hard or soft. My BMW is a 2016 R1200RT.

Quote Originally Posted by rick601 View Post
    I have a 2004 Triumph Thunderbird sport - i usually ride with the "solo" seat- fairly firm. My Harley XR1200 is surprisingly comfy but with that foreward tilt- don't know if I'd call the OEM seat hard or soft. My BMW is a 2016 R1200RT.
    I have a friend with a XR 1200 he took a girlfriend for a ride one day his boys complained a lot

There's a similar thread on the LT forum right now...

I also tried the LDComfort shorts and found them itchy, hot and downright uncomfortable (just my opinion...I know many riders love them). That led me to try Moto Skiveez:

http://motoskiveez.com

They are similar to a bicycle short (with padding in the seat), but with different fabric panels sewed into various places on the shorts. I wore them through the heat in NV, AZ, UT and NM on my way to the SLC rally. While I was plenty uncomfortable in other ways, the shorts did the job, stayed comfortable and no monkey butt. I wear the Adventure model.

I have no association with the company...just a satisfied customer.

Commando. If you are going to ride B--ls out!
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case, my baby, fast, fun)
    3xR90/6, two just sold, one for a sidecar. 1983 K100RS (Cafe now)
    Very Rough R80RT. 1987 K1100RS (freaking hooped I think)

LD Comfort.

No comparison.

The best on two IRON BUTT Rallies and a few 100K miles in between.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I used Kirkland brand (Costco) boxers. Yes, the top of my thighs did make me uncomfortable at times. I found though that if I stood up for a second and sat back down on my Airhawk, if I did so with a little side to side motion, I could get the seam that was causing the pressure to move off to the side.

Maybe that "technique" will work for you.

If the "boys" are causing a problem, you could have them removed. Then the king would allow you in with his harem.

Chris
    Elnathan - 2014 BMW F800GT
    IBA# 49894 True Rounder = 0-20's - Rounder -- to -- 100's+ Red Hot Rounder
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Duluth Trading Buck Naked any of the types or ExOfficio watch for the sales
    If you're looking at the Duluth products, this website might offer a better deal.

http://www.allamericanclothing.com/m...usa/VIPBB.html
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    LD Comfort.

No comparison.

The best on two IRON BUTT Rallies and a few 100K miles in between.
    You talking about these ?
    http://ldcomfort.com/Mens-Riding-Shorts.html

jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294