• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

CT to Burlington VT

plock

Plockster
All,

I am planing a trip from the Hartford area up to Burlington. Any suggested routes? Looking for great riding roads, but I don't want it to take me 10 hours to get up there either. Thoughts about rt 22 up through NY state and then cut over into central VT? I'm open to, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Dan

What type of riding?

plock

I've ridden the RT22 and RT8/RT100 paths. RT 22 is a great, wide-open 2-laner with gentle sweeps and rolling hills. You would make better time (a little over 5 hrs).
RT8 and RT100 are twistier roads with much more travel through wooded stretches and an additional 2-hrs.

I remember the RT22 road surface is superb and I want to remember that 8 & 100 are mostly excellent.

Perhaps select one way to arrive and the other to depart?

No matter the choice, as long as the weather is nice then you can't go wrong!

Enjoy!

Thruway to the Northway, Rutland exit, route 4 to 22 to 7...........something like that lots of variety some little Towns etc. doing some grazing at Dakin Farms, Stop at Harbor Vintage Motor Company on Route 2 in Jonesville, and visit Magic Hat Brewing Company

It may take longer to ride, but google Trans-Mass trail and Vermont puppy dog route. I have never done this ride but it is on the list.

Take a couple days.

Take 91 north to exit 24 in MA, maybe hit the Whately Diner for a real, old fashioned truck stop breakfast, then take 5 north to 116 to 112 to 100. Follow 100 north, there are plenty of nice places to eat along the way as you skirt the slopes of the Green Mountain National Forest. If you are tired when you reach rt. 4 in VT, there is a fantastic inn a couple miles west with a great pub, authentic food and the best Guinness pour in VT. It's called the Inn at Long Trail. You probably should make a reservation, but it's worth a stop. Continue on 100 north to Stow, where you will take a left on 108 towards Smugglers Notch( grab some Heady Topper at Alchemy Brewing on your way by, arguably the best brewer in the country. Enjoy the spectacular ride through the Notch. Take a left on 15 after the Notch and MT Mansfield(tallest peak in VT) and enjoy a nice ride directly into Burlington.

Back