Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Schuberth C4 and Sena SC1

I tried out a C4 today. Nice and quiet helmet with lots of airflow and visibility. But, itís bigger than a C3 Pro and I wasnít convinced I could easily stow it on the bike. I also didnít want to deal with all the surgery required to deal with the SC1 prep when moving my 20S over. My fear was Iíd rip it all out and then suddenly Sena/Schuberth make a breakthrough (maybe an SC2) making the C4 suddenly viable. So, I went with a C3 Pro and moved my Sena 20S over in a matter of minutes. Itís a great upgrade from my very tired C3 and I have no buyerís remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fastman
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS, '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary - SOLD
    '16 R1200GSA
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Fastman View Post
    I tried out a C4 today. Nice and quiet helmet with lots of airflow and visibility. But, itís bigger than a C3 Pro and I wasnít convinced I could easily stow it on the bike. I also didnít want to deal with all the surgery required to deal with the SC1 prep when moving my 20S over. My fear was Iíd rip it all out and then suddenly Sena/Schuberth make a breakthrough (maybe an SC2) making the C4 suddenly viable. So, I went with a C3 Pro and moved my Sena 20S over in a matter of minutes. Itís a great upgrade from my very tired C3 and I have no buyerís remorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Good move. I have been using that same setup for a while now, and it works great. On the other hand, I want Sena and Schuberth to get this C4/SC1 situation resolved. Otherwise, I am stuck with a $1200 paperweight.

C3 review

Will add that the C3 or any helmet's noise level is directly related to its design & build, but also to the type of windstream coming at it, of course. Will say that going from an Arai top of line lid to the C3 while riding in the clear windstream [not tucked in] on a Ducati superbike at triple digit speeds with helmet in clear windstream, the C3 is noticeably quieter than the Arai. No wonder, there. In a more turbulent windstream affected by a fairing or windshield, lids are going to get noisier, but still the Schuberth will likely be quieter by a long shot. I do feel naked in the C3 due to its dainty build and skinny metal operable shield locating pins on the body of the helmet. Makes me wonder about its high speed capabilities... but at track speeds, well, one should be on track.

The quietest setting for me for the C3 - with the shield locked down fully and the little flexible chin "flap" tucked under chin as one closes the lid, makes for a nice, peaceful soundspace with NR33-rated earplugs. This is at aforementioned speeds in clear windstream. On my '03 R1150RT with the bike's shield fully up, its bliss to the point I may not wear plugs for commuting or round town. Not sure yet.