• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F650CS add ons

arkline

My SO wanted to get into riding. Took the MSF beginning rider's course and making a long story short, bought an F650CSA. She loves it, even though riding still scares her a bit. I like it a lot, too. Nice, light, very agile bike, great for commuting, easy on the gas and easy on the eye.

My wife's hands are small and she was having a bit of difficulty with the reach to the levers. Found out that BMW of Santa Cruz carries adjustible levers that fit the GS and CS. Nice color match with the stock levers too. Installed them this weekend past and we went for a 30 mile ride. She no longer has difficulty two fingering the brake and the clutch reach is reasonalble. Hands much more comfortable.

The levers are made by Wunderlich and are worth every cent and there were quite a few involved.:clap

Leveraged pictures

I'll try to get some tonight and post them tomorrow.

Given that I have red-green colorblindness, it is sometimes difficult for me to distinguish subtle variation in color - and then there's the problem of digital cameras in general.

Picture of Wunderlich adjustible levers

Here is a picture of the brake lever mentioned above. Aside from the silvery adjusting thingie, it looks like original equipment.

Attachments

• p8040001.jpg
    p8040001.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 344
You'd think they'd have those as standard on bikes that seem to get sold to lots of women and other folks that are inseam challenged.

They look a lot like the standard adjustable levers on Tina's R and my S.

Dave

Standard stuff on F650CS

Yup, you'dda thunk that the set up for a beginner's bike would include adjustible levers. Especially one where the out the door cost (with ABS) isn't significantly lower than a non-ABS Roadster.

They came standard on my 1150R and I do take advantage of the convenience. I've long since given up trying to suss out the BMW design and implementation mind-set. Makes my head hurt and my brain sluggish...I used to be irritated by that "surge" thing on the 1150R. Now I ignore it, ride under it, or ride over it.

KBasa said:
You'd think they'd have those as standard on bikes that seem to get sold to lots of women and other folks that are inseam challenged.

Dave

Yea, you'd think a $10K bike would come with an adjustable suspension, too. Think again.

Wunderlich Photo

Whoops, forgot the pic!
104031912300002.jpg

Can't get the image to post, out of patience.
http://www.bmwscruz.com/SHOP/Wunderlich/SKU/104031912300002.jpg

Last edited:
KBasa said:

Dave

Hey! Who are you calling a woman? :brow

KBasa said:

Dave

Hey! Who are you calling a woman? :brow

Back