• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway pegs for K12GT/K13GT

Tonyfr

Are we there yet?
Found a set of highway pegs for my bike made by Estrada Design Ventures called Roto-Pegs. They were a little pricey, but they do the job of stretching out my legs so I don't get cramps. There is about a 10" difference in peg position which is very significant on this bike. The vendor recommended not standing on the pegs because of the way they rotate, but they are more than sturdy enough for riding. (sorry about crappy cell phone photos).

Attachments

• IMG_0290-1.jpg
    IMG_0290-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0291-1.jpg
    IMG_0291-1.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Estrada Highway pegs

Be forewarned that the Estrada pegs while well made, will not fit a KGT w/lowered pegs installed.
sbsmith

No they won't, but I had my machine shop at work mill out a set of Suburban Machinery lowering pegs. I just marked the area where material needed to be removed. We also took a spare brake lever and heated it and bent it lower to compensate for the the lowering pegs.

Attachments

• Peg1.jpg
    Peg1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Estrada install w/lowered pegs

tonyfr-
I would be really interested in seeing a pic or two of a before and after milling and mounting of the Illium lowered pegs.
Think of it as providing a public service.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Scott

tonyfr-
I would be really interested in seeing a pic or two of a before and after milling and mounting of the Illium lowered pegs.
Think of it as providing a public service.

I added the after picture to the previous post.

Illium/Estrada install

tonyfr-
Very clean install. Thank you for the pic. My Verholen lowered peg mounts look very similar to your Illium's. However, I lost my nerve in removing so much material at the bend and the possibility of a catastrophic failure in that area. I'm 250lbs and thought that if I try to stand on the pegs to relieve butt
fatigue I might be inviting disaster.
After looking at your solution, I may have to come up w/plan B.
Thanks again for the pic.
Regards,
Scott
PS I couldn't find any Illium lowered pegs listed on their web site. Are they still in production?

Last edited:
tonyfr-
Very clean install. Thank you for the pic. My Verholen lowered peg mounts look very similar to your Illium's. However, I lost my nerve in removing so much material at the bend and the possibility of a catastrophic failure in that area. I'm 250lbs and thought that if I try to stand on the pegs to relieve butt
fatigue I might be inviting disaster.
After looking at your solution, I may have to come up w/plan B.
Thanks gain for the pic.
Regards,
Scott
PS I couldn't find any Illium lowered pegs listed on their web site. Are they still in production?
They were out of production when I got mine, and I contacted Suburban Machinery to see if they had a set that they didn't sell. I was in luck because they said they had one set left in their display trailer. didn't get a discount on them, but I got the last pair. Estrada said that Verholen pegs would not work with his highway pegs. This was from an earlier email that he sent me:

"It will depend on the type of front lowering kit you get. There are 3 different types that I know of, Suburban, Verholen, and Wunderlich kits. I have done a modification on the Suburban kit for my pegs, I have not done it on a set of Verholen's, and if you get the Wunderlich set, you will not have to make a modification. "

Last edited:
Tony, got a contact number for this company and the pegs? Their FB page seems to be lacking contact information or else I'm just a duh and couldn't find it.

BTW, price on the pegs?

Thanks

Back