• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Internet Radio Service - AccuRadio

exgman

For the past couple of months I've been trying out an Internet radio service called "AccuRadio." It's free, and provides a very large number of "stations" such that I can't imagine how they do it. I suppose it's like Pandora, but quite unlike XMSirius. I know there are members of this Forum who enjoy listening to music as they ride, but know that the AccuRadio option would only be available using data through a smartphone when on the road. I decided to post this today because they just started offering stations which have "road music" or music appropriate for road trips. At the moment I'm listening (at home via my SONOS system) to "Classic Rock Road Trips." As I write this Joe Cocker is singing "The Letter."

Anyway, it's accessible via computer, iPhone and Android (I think), and it's free. Here's the URL: http://accuradio.com

Road Radio

I love my streaming radio. Thanks for suggestion. Jango, Google and Amazon all have good stuff. Good ol' Pandora still a favorite, though I do have the pay version, but worth it.

Cheers,

Miles

How much data allowance do those chomp away if used for hours on a bike ?

Probably more than the 2GB Debbie and I share on our cell plan.
Our home computer has a big allowance so I listen to internet radio a lot at home.

I registered, chose "Baroque" under "Classical," and the system shows that channel under "My Channels." However, the screen displays only the circular rotating design and the message "Music Will Resume Shortly," and only silence is presented to my ears. System volume is up and speakers connected. Tried several other channels with the same result.

Not yet ready for prime time, I guess.

Back