• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What does everyone do with your gear?

Okay, the wife and I ride to the rally, panniers are full of cloths and stuff we all bring. I don't want to walk around in riding gear, haven't checked into our hotel yet, no tent. What do you all do with helmets and riding gear while at the rally? Do you lock your helmets to your bike? Jackets? Gear? Boots? Just not quite sure what to do with it all.

Usually I keep my riding pants and boots on, everything else I lock it all to the bike via cables and locks if I have no room in my case.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There may be a coat check at the rally site. In general, your stuff is safe if left on the bike, but not everyone is comfortable doing that.

Welcome to the fold!:wave
Generally your goodies are safe at the rally and I have never heard of anything being stolen, in fact I have heard of and seen for myself people bringing wallets and watches to lost and found and being reunited with their rightful owners. Having said that of course things can change.
Just be smart about it and like others said just lock your helmet and jacket to your bike and enjoy your time at the rally.

Change into something comfortable for the weather when you arrive - cable-lock everything you can to the bike (excluding boots) and conceal all with a half-cover.

Then go enjoy the Rally! :thumb

Welcome to the forum.
We have never had a problem at a National.
When we're somewhere we worry about our gear we have a couple small cables to lock our gear and helmet, then cover it all with a half cover.

If any vendors are open today you could buy a couple small cables and locks.

Ok, so the rally is over and this won't do the OP any good, but I will also say that I have never seen/heard of any theft of property of gear inside the fairgrounds. As a matter of fact, I accidentally left my keys in my Jesse pannier lock for two days without any problem.

Back